kchaneg

I wonder if the coverage folks now this, but :-

a)     4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile is not working, The "Oracle server ..."

b)     I have tried twice, using T Mobile SiM cards in my home and even outside my home, and there is no service for T Mobile. My relatives who use T Mobile, got into 'smartphone deprivation shock' when they stayed at my home.

ATT is what I am using currently, and I would really prefer using T Mobile as ATT's international roaming plans is 'extortion'.

I am hoping that TMobile coverage folks see this post. I tried to twitter to @TMobile but to no avail.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Hamilton, Novato, CA

Greetings kchaneg and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

a) Can you try opening the coverage map in another browser to see if it works? You may want to try clearing your cache, cookies, and history then giving it another try. I tested it out myself as well as searched your location and I was able to view the coverage in that area.

b) Yikes! 'Smartphone deprivation shock' sounds like it might cause some crazy side effects!   When you've used T-Mobile SIM cards, are you using them with T-Mobile phones or AT&T phones?

• kchaneg

Mike,

a) I actually IMed with one of your sales reps (Chat) and he found me an alternate link. Personal Coverage Check instead of the one on your website.

b) Lets begin with the relatives, they were using TMobile issued iPhone 6s, and they got 0 bars from TMobile. For me, the first time was for with a TMobile issued IPhone 5 (had to return it, due to 0 bars) and recently, a Prepaid TMobile SIM in my unlocked Iphone 6 (originally purchased when the IPhone 6 was launched, from AT&T), also 0 bars.

I live near to Hamilton Parkway, Novato, CA. If you go to the Personal Coverage it says YAY! 4G/LTE available, in truth there is 0 bar for most of the subdivision. Please fix. I hate AT&T, I moved here 12 years ago, I had to switch from TMobile because of 0 bars. It is still 0 bars. I complained at your Terra Linda TMobile shop (in Northgate Mall, San Rafael, CA) and they told me, 'yeah, there are no TMobile bars there. Sorry!???'.

• tmo_mike_c

Well, I'm glad you were able to use the other link to see our map. It's still disappointing to hear you're not getting the coverage that's showing.

What we like to do is change a few settings on the phone to see if we can get any signal on another frequency, for example 2G. If it's just this location that's problematic, we'd need to have a Service Complaint filed to have engineers take look further for you. Keep in mind, our coverage map is a combination of customer verified coverage and what our engineers expect you should get based on the towers we have there. In the off-chance it doesn't match up with what's on your phone, we suggest folks Contact Us and our Care teams can get the complaint filed for you to have this area investigated.

• kchaneg

Unfortunately, your own TMobile retail store employees already experience 0 bars where I live. I cannot for the life of me understand why it has taken 12 years and still no fix to this issue.

My phone steps down to EDGE and GPRS automatically when there signal is poor, I saw this happen when I was in Vancouver (using TMobile's prepaid plan, which is a great plan BTW) and inside buildings and shopping centers. So I do not think this is the problem. There is just no coverage. You should scan your database for subscribers in the 94949 zip code with addresses in the old Hamilton airbase area in Novato. I'm betting you will not find many subscribers.

• tmo_mike_c

I did check that zip code. The coverage there does vary, so depending on your exact address, I'm seeing the coverage would be stronger outdoors. I do understand that the coverage map may not be exactly what you're getting on your phone and I feel bad it's been like this for so long. As I mentioned above, the best way to bring some attention to your address for coverage improvements would be to have a Care expert to file that Service Complaint. For example, anyone who visits you that has T-Mobile service and is having trouble in your area can reach out to our tech team. I can't promise the Service Complaint will give immediate results, but it does help bring awareness to our field techs about what kind of service you're getting.