LG V10 stuck in boot loop?

wuzupmanjc

I have an LG V10 that is stuck in boot loop and I can not get it to power on any suggestions?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: LG V10 stuck in boot loop?

Hi wuzupmanjc.  As a V10 user, this post gives me chills.   Were you able to get your device to boot past the LG/T-Mobile screens?  Have you tried a factory reset using the hardware buttons

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Just wanted to check in here to see if you have had any luck? Let us know

• fred1967

T-Mobile is currently in the process of exchanging TWO of the three V10s we bought 11/2015.  Neither one recoverable.  While they will only replace with another V10, it will be cold day in hell before I buy another LG phone, but props to T-Mobile for taking care of us.

• tmo_marissa

fred1967 I'm glad that we were able to get replacements going, though your hesitance is noted and totally understandable.  I use a V10 and am totally fine so far (and also purchased one for my mom - knock on wood, no issues there either) - and I love LG's UI so much that I will probably still upgrade to the same when a similar flagship model comes out.  I was also a G3 and G4 user before this.  All that aside, the concern makes sense.

I'm stoked that your replacements are ordered, but can I ask a clarifying question that might be of help to some of the other posters here?  Are you still under the manufacturer's one year warranty, or do you have insurance or JUMP! protection on your lines that extended your warranty?  If the answer is no to both, then that's hugely helpful to know!  Thank you for sharing your experience either way.

- Marissa

• fred1967

I actually ended up with two different results.  For my wife, T-Mobile extended the warranty for us (I did not buy extra insurance).  I guess because we're only a bit outside the warranty period.  They sent a refurbished phone to our local T-Mobile store (which was terrible, but that's another story).  One problem was they were supposed to text me that it had arrived at the store, but they texted my wife's number which, of course, was pointless.

In my son's case, they connected me with LG service; they sent me a shipping label to have my son's phone shipped back for repair.  Now, it's clearly after one year, but they said they'd fix or replace it at no cost.  I sent it in immediately, but tracking says they have not received it.  They say it can take up to two weeks.  I bought a cheap unlocked phone on Amazon for the family as a temporary one.  First for my son; after he gets his LG back then we'll just have it in case anyone else's phone has a problem.

So far, my wife's "new" phone is working OK.

So what's going on?  I don't know.  LG obviously knows this is a defect.  There's a class action against them.  That they let this problem slip to new generations of their phones is terrible.  So why are T-Mobile and LG stepping up to fix these when they were out of warranty?  I don't know.  It's LG's fault, they are the ones who should be fixing it.  I don't know why T-Mobile replaced my wife's phone.  Maybe I just got lucky.  I will report back what happens to my son's phone.

• tmo_marissa

Thanks for the details - I'm so sorry that we didn't switch the message to your line, you're right, that's silly. :/  But I'm glad to hear you're being taken care of in both scenarios. 
                          Interestingly enough, around the same time I was asking for extra details here, a user on another thread was kind enough to link us to a third party forum poster that says LG's warranty on these devices is 24 months?  Since it's not an LG news release, I'd definitely recommend a grain of salt, but if it's accurate, then that seems like a great thing.  The other thread is here: LG V10 Boot loop problem.

Please keep us posted on how things go with your son's repair/replacement!

- Marissa

• madbeachman

Just had this happen to mine as well. Seems like a common problem with the V10s.