Data Not Working

darkoman4

Data on my duplicate line stopped working for past 2 days. Is this a bug or a new thing. Calls and texts work fine even without DIGITS app on Note 4.

All replies

• tmo_kendra

Re: Data Not Working

Hey there darkoman4, yikes!!! I am so sorry you are having issues with the internet on your duplicate line. The data is working on the primary line correct? Please make sure you have at least 3G, 4G or LTE for the best experience. Let me know what happens after you powercycle  the devices. Thank you for reaching out.

• darkoman4

Still no data even after few days and power cycling my device many times. Would you please look this up. I can give you details if you are willing to help.

Thanks

• tmo_evan

Darkoman-

We will need one of the forum moderators get some more info from you so we can get info on your lines and get a bug entered for it and can look into what is going wrong with the setup.   Sorry it's taking so long but as soon as we have the info we can look into it.

• tmo_chris

Hey darkoman4,

I am going to be sending you a private message so we can take a closer look at what is going on here. We greatly appreciate your patience as well as your help testing the beta!

• kryogenik

Im having the same issue no data on my duplicate line

• darkoman4

They fixed it for me. Tmo_Chris was very helpful. I want to thank him for this. So shoot him a PM and I'm sure he will be more than willing to help.

• tmo_chris

Hey kryogenik,

I am going to send you a private message so we can take a peek at what could be causing this.

• lefty09

I just set up my duplicate line yesterday, data is working but is noticeably slower than on my normal line. Especially doing stuff like downloading apps from Google Play.... very slow there! But also slower to load web pages and such.

• tmo_chris

Slow internet is no fun! Do you know if you have an unlimited data plan on your primary line or do you have a certain allotment of high-seed?

• lefty09

Thanks for your reply. I have T-Mobile One with unlimited high-speed data. My regular line loads everything nice and snappy, but my duplicate line lags on loading web pages and such. My duplicate line device is also nice and snappy if i use my original sim.... so it's only with my duplicate sim that data is slow. Thx

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying As of right now, duplicate lines utilize your primary lines mobile hotspot data bucket for data usage. With T-Mobile One, the data bucket is unlimited but the speeds are equivalent to 3G speeds (up to 512kbps). I am going to reach out to one of my contacts to confirm this as DIGITS compatibility with T-Mobile One is fairly new. I will reply back here as soon as I hear back. 

• jamesw

Hi Chris, would you please PM me? I'm having the same issue as described in this thread. It's made my duplicate line completely unusable.

Thanks in advance,

James

• jamesw

I am having the same issue on two iPhone SEs. Using my primary line SIM in either device works as expected. Using the duplicate SIM in either device causes unusably slow 4G/LTE data speeds.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!