evamae3

@ ! Nougat update for galaxy S7 edge!! Help!!

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Hey there!

What sort of bugs are you experiencing with your device?

-Lauren

• tmo_marissa

Hi hi!  I just wanted to touch base and try to get a little more detail on what's happening here!  No one wants a buggy phone.  Are you trying to update and having trouble completing a download/install?

- Marissa

• evamae3

My galaxy s7 edge is in a perpetual state of either 1)the Samsung features of my mobile are kicking me out example (I can't use people's edge because of my contacts go out of wacky,  and I haven't even tried to use the apps edge again because I don't have any apps that I can spare.  This is my 3rd mobile since last February and ever since then I have yet to be able to get any set up correctly,  with begin able to use my home WiFi and that screws up everything. I made a my mobile Hotspot (which I've never used) but I thought that may be an issue with my connections.  I have not tried to update Nougat yet because I don't want to carry over these problems. When I let my mobile use my home WiFi inside the settings menu where the IMEI is located,  it says my phone number is disconnected! It still functions but says disconnected. And #2 is that I am constantly having to go to my Google account settings and deleted any or all activity and searches because my Google search widget, YouTube watch history, or browsing history is not syncing correctly. No matter what I will never let anyone convince me to make a new Gmail like I was told in February and my life and all my mobile phones since have been screwed up!!

• tmo_marissa

Yikes!  That's quite a list of issues!  I'm sorry I didn't realize that you were looking for Nougat - the Nougat update for the S7/S7Edge is still in testing, though we hope it won't be too much longer!  We definitely don't want you struggling with this in the meantime - I'm sure since this is your third phone in a year (eeek) that you've probably mastered some troubleshooting steps leading up to those warranty exchanges.  Have you completed a Master Reset on this phone yet? 

- Marissa

• evamae3

Oh my yes! 3 or 4 I can't remember exactly but I know at least 3! That was after clearing catche partition almost daily!!  I even made sure that I did the master reset when I was away from my home because of my    cable/ISP provider Xfinity and the stupid wifi Gateway home hot spot crap that I ended up having them come and replace 3 times but they refused to tell me the server settings and configuration when they knew I have no PC laptop to adjust anything except my mobile!!! Finally I just went to Best Buy and bought my own wifi Gateway and sent there's back making sure they don't charge me that 10 extra $ a month to rent there's!!! Heck I could not even pull up in my yard before my phone was automatically syncing and multiplying my contacts from about 245 to 30,000. So I have my own router that I control the server settings on and I bought a Stupid Samsung Tablet at the same time so I don't have to even try that with my mobile. But guess what, the tablet uses the chrome browser and during set up Samsung actually explains how to hide your location from GOOGLE!!! SO thats going back to Best Buy and hopefully I can find a cheap laptop. Expecially since me not the last Samsung rep I talked to can't figure out how to NOT USE the Samsung Cloud for backup and restore. There was no option we could find to just choose Google account to backup and restore from, and of course their Cloud service requires a PC. If Nougat doesn't fix these issues I'm going to go back to using a dang beeper!!

• tmo_marissa

I know we're still waiting on the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge - Software Update Progress here to save you from joining the beeper colony, but I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know we're still working on it!  If I see any updates I'll post back - in the interim, if you're still under warranty you're definitely welcome to Contact Us or work with a store about a possible exchange (again?).  I know this isn't the best answer, but if things really get unbearable since you've already completely reset the device multiple times, that might be the best option while you're waiting.  If you'd prefer to hang in there, that's cool too!  I just hate to leave you without an option.

- Marissa

• evamae3

Thanks for getting back with me and honestly I don't know what to do. I might try calling customer service again.  Maybe Samsung too. I don't know if I've done something wrong trying to catch my contacts backup to their selves or if I should try on a half broke laptop to back up on the phone with Samsung between my wireless internet provider my own Tower my Samsung TV and a phone I don't know how to work I'm kind of lost!    but thank you very much and I'll keep checking here to see if anybody finds any solutions maybe that could be helpful.

• tmo_marissa

Of course!  When you Master Reset the phone, was there no option to sign back into it with your original Google account?  Or are you worried about losing contacts you've saved to this new Google account if you do that?  I know you mentioned you're not seeing an option to sync anything but Samsung - can I ask where in the settings you're looking?  I know this is just one of the bugs - and maybe even the tiniest one, like, the ant - but I'd love to help iron this out if we can.

- Marissa

• evamae3

I had no problem signing back into my Google account my Gmail the problem was in the November update it redid the settings to the point that Samsung Cloud I can let get around backup and reset to the Samsung Cloud instead of only my Google account Gmail which the only one that I hadn't that functioning is the one that I was made to do in February making February and I can sign into now but beyond that my old account that I had for years but they said I couldn't use anymore I found out later because I don't have access to it all the time except for through a cell phone is still receiving emails from my internet service provider my cable provider Comcast Xfinity saying I'm using their products and that my I change my password and I have spoken to them time and time again about my information being on there in that system I don't want anything to do with him and still yet at the beginning of the year when everyone sign new contracts for cable provider they were yet again calling my cell phone number and let me know that my Gmail my old Gmail is the contact information for this house address which there is no phone number phone at this house because we pay for a voice service which is just the two have the wifi Tower here and there is a phone number assigned to this house by Comcast but it is not my cell phone number. But when I do sign into my account and then when I'm looking in the settings I am in about phone of all the way down the list go to my back up to IMEI where you can hit the thing and go in and you can either do it and have it automatic update and not you go to the next page and it shows you your IMEI and also your the next thing up over IMEI if I hit that when I have wifi on when I let my wifi connect dots where it shows my phone number and it says disconnected and I just back all the way out of there.  I wish I could figure out hoodwinked to add the pictures I've taken but I can't figure out how