visual voicemail greeting

jonniehphoto

I have an iPhone 7 and Im having issue with my visual voicemail. I can't seem to get my custom greeting to actually work after setting up.

Ive set up my custom greeting through the visual voicemail and also by dialing 1. I can hear my custom greeting and its default to that but when anyone calls it gives the basic default greeting.

I called t-mobile and they mentioned its an issue with the iPhone. Ive restored the device set it up as new and even replaced the device and issue remains. Also replaced the sim card? Whats next someone please help.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: visual voicemail greeting

Hey there!

Apple does use a proprietary visual voice mail app and doesn't allow ours, so there's some truth to it being from their side. That said, definitely still want to help you get it fixed! Have you tried speaking to Apple support at all to see if they have any suggested fixes?

-Lauren

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Re: visual voicemail greeting

Hey jonniehphoto.  I just wanted to drop by and see if you were still having trouble with this, or if you'd had any success reaching out to Apple as Lauren suggested!  Hopefully you've been able to work it out - please let us know how it's going.

- Marissa