Caller ID issues

avguy

On incoming calls the caller ID name is passing ie 'wireless caller' but no number is showing up on my secondary device.  I don't want to answer a call if I can't see the phone number its coming from.

Thanks!

All replies

• tmo_tim_b

Re: Caller ID issues

Hello avguy

I certainly don't blame you for not wanting to answer calls when you cannot determine who is calling. Since this is only happening on the secondary device (unless I misunderstood), I'd actually want you to check some settings on that device, if you haven't already. What device are you using? I take it there is duplicate SIM in the device or are you using the app?

• avguy

This is my work Verizon Phone.  I am running the app on that Galaxy S7.  The whole purpose of using this app is so I don’t have to carry 2 phones.  But for whatever reason – if it matches a name to something in my contacts – it picks that up – but if it is not in the contacts list and the caller id might show up as ‘WIRELESS CALLER’ but no number shown.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello avguy

I apologize for the delay. The fact that it matches up a name to what is in your contacts indicates the number is being delivered to the device, which is good news. I'm still a little unclear as to your setup. You mentioned a secondary device in your first post, but now it seems your're using one device with the app installed. Does it make a difference if the person is calling your Verizon # for the device versus the T-Mobile # for the app?

• avguy

To clarify...

I pay for the caller ID service from Tmobile so I get something with every call regardless of if it is in my contacts list.  On my tmobile phone I always get the name and number.  On my Verizon phone that is running the Digits app if the caller is in my contacts list I'll get their name.  If it is not in my contacts list I just get a caller ID name - so in a lot of cases if I am getting a call from someone that is Not in my contacts from a cell phone it just reads 'wireless caller'  if I look at my tmobile phone I get 'wireless caller' + the number.  So it looks like the Digits app is only pulling one line of info in my case just the caller ID name.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device