Digits App Interferes with Grashopper Virtual Phone

howardtbell@live.com

Hello,

I recently installed Digits, and am happy to have new and existing lines now being managed from my phone.

However, I also am part of a business that uses Grasshopper (virtual phone) for which I have an app on my phone to manage calls and messages.

Unfortunately, when I need to call out from the Grasshopper App, the T-mobile Digits app forces me to choose whether I want to use "Dialer" or "Digits".  I don't want to use either, but have been choosing "Dialer" which then transmits my personal cell number to the clients instead of the business (Grasshopper) number.

Is there any way to resolve this at this time?

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

All replies

• tmo_tim_b

Hello @howardtbell@live.com

Since you have a Galaxy S7 Edge, you should not need the app. The functionality is built into the device. I use it myself, and I find it much better than having an app. If you go into your device settings, you will have a new option below Advance Features called Multi-line settings. You manage your DIGITs here, which integrates directly with the native device software. You can then delete the app so it shouldn't interfere with your Grasshopper app any further.

If for some reason you do not see the multi-line settings in the device, please reboot the device and then follow these steps (found hereGet DIGITS on a phone or tablet)!

Use DIGITS on T-Mobile branded Samsung devices

DIGITS is built into the following T-Mobile branded Samsung devices:

• Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge+
        • Note 5
        • Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge

To use DIGITS on one of these devices, make sure that you have the latest version of the device software by tapping Settings > About device > Download updates manually. After you've updated to the latest device software, enable DIGITS by tapping Settings > Multi-line Settings and logging in with your T-Mobile ID and password.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello howardtbell@live.com

I just wanted to check in with you if my last response helped or if you needed anything further? Hope all is well! Thank you.