Problem dialing numbers with the digits app using talkback, the default screen reader for Android.

rober555x

I am unable to dial numbers with the Digits app using talkback, the default screen reader for Android. When I drag my finger over the built-in dialer within Digits the numbers are dialed immediately. This is not the expected behavior when using Talkback. A user of Talkback should be able to drag a finger over the dialer to locate the correct number, and only when the user lift its finger the digit should be entered. Examples of the appropriate behavior can be found in the default Phone app by google, as well as in the Google keyboard. This problem should be fixed before the final release, since it can affect a significant number of users who depend on talkback for their accessibility. A work around for this issue is to dial the number using the default phone app, and select digits as the option to complete the call. I am testing this feature using a Pixel phone running the latest software as of today,

All replies