bigapplegreg

I have the Pay As You Go - Legacy plan and I'd like to know if it's possible to call or send a text to or receive a text from an international phone number on this plan. I know I can just dial an international phone number and see whether the call is completed but I don't want to risk having a lot of money getting deducted from my balance. Thanks in advance.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey bigapplegreg - I don't blame you for hanging on to that legacy plan, it was pretty awesome.  It does look like this plan was capable of international calls - although we're having a hard time pinning down the actual list!  These days most customers are using monthly prepaid plans that allow them to add our Stateside International discount package, which offers significant discounts (and free calls in some cases), so the customer facing literature for this Legacy plan is proving to be a bear to draw out from the archives.  So that you have an immediate reference, I believe the rates should be ten cents higher per minute than these postpaid international calling rates, and I believe International messaging on Pay As You Go is fifty cents per message.  Do you have a friend or family member that's located overseas? 

- Marissa