Which Variant- Unlocked 935A or 935U?

temp1638

I'm moving over to T-mobile soon and I want to make sure I have the right equipment.  I have an unlocked AT&T variant of the S7 and I want to confirm if I use it on T-mobile, will VoLTE and wifi calling work?

Alternatively, I can purchase the 935U variant if I sell my unlocked AT&T version. I want to confirm that the 935U can work with VoLTE and wifi calling.

If the answer is no to both, maybe I should buy an unlocked 935T for now (unlocked T-mobile variant) and use that on AT&T for the remainder of my term and then when I switch over to T-mobile I can presumably use it with all T-mobile features.

Can anyone please confirm? Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Which Variant- Unlocked 935A or 935U?

Hey temp1638!  We will be stoked to have you move on over!  I'm sorry to say I'm going to come up a little short in my response here, but maybe some of our Community members can help fill in gaps.  I can't guarantee that a non-TMO device will be VoLTE capable, simply because we're not able to make any guarantees about equipment that isn't branded (*VoLTE availability will also depend on the signal in your area - which hopefully is awesome).  I can tell you that any variant of the S7 that doesn't have T-Mobile software will not be able to use Wi-Fi calling once you switch, since you'd need a "T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling capable" device to be able to take advantage of that feature.  I wish there were a way for you to purchase one now and then swap it on out when the day comes!  I'd suggest doing just that with our trade-in program and the purchase of a TMO-official S7, but I know the market price for unlocked devices might be higher than the trade-in value.   Please let me know if there are any other questions I can help out with - I'd love to make this transition for you as easy as possible.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Re: Which Variant- Unlocked 935A or 935U?

Hey there!  Just wanted to check in and see if you'd been able to make a decision about which phone to purchase!  How is everything going? 

- Marissa