A few issues

mrjlw3180

Hi,

I just signed up for Digits a few days ago & I am not quite sure about something.  When using the Windows app version 0.1.10 on my pc, why does it keep having me to register each time when logging in?  I will click on the Digits app and sign in with my username & password then it shows my number, etc.  I will check the box "keep me logged in" then click register.  Every time I close Digits on the PC or use the web based version in Chrome, it always has me to click the register button again.  Is this normal?  I would think I should only have to register once then just login & it would work?  See pic attachment. 

Also another issue...why does the pc Digits app randomly stop working for no reason?  I will send a text message to someone not knowing that they never received it only to find out the message didnt sync to any of my other devices...I have to log out of Digits on the PC app & sign back in, register, etc for it to start working again.  My pc never sleeps or goes into any kind of screensaver, etc mode. 

2017_01_12_12_54_35_T_Mobile_DIGITS.jpg

All replies

• tmo_tim_b

Re: A few issues

Hello mrjlw3180

Welcome to the DIGITs beta. We're glad to have you, and we appreciate the feedback.

The first part is normal, thought it's definitely feedback we can take back to our development team to work on a more seamless set up. From what I read, you're using both the web portal and the downloaded app, yes?

For the second part, I'm curious if you're also getting connection lost errors? We have seen issues with DIGITs losing connection, but it notifies you when that happens. For it to lose connection that way and not inform you is rather worrisome. Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies/history? If not, would you mind trying and letting us know what happens? I see you said you're using Chrome, so as long as it's updated to the latest version, I know it's a supported browser.

• mrjlw3180

Hi,

I am not receiving any type of lost connection issues.  Its almost like it just disconnects and stops working randomly for no reason.  I haven't had any issues with the iPhone app or the web based version when using Chrome.  It seems to only be the computer app version 0.1.10 using Windows 10.  I tried uninstalling the software then reinstalled two different times and I will think its working then 2-3 hours later I will send a text to someone & find out that it never synced with any of my other devices and that the person never received my text. 

Has anyone else reported any issues like this with the Windows pc app?

• cricenog

I have the same (second) issue - I've mentioned it in multiple threads but maybe it needs one of it's own - I've also let chris know via private message - this is what I sent him:

"I'm finding that if I let Digits sit in the browser. signed in, for some reason I am receiving texts, but when I try to send out they are NOT received - it's like the browser is timing out, but I am not receiving any time out messages - I know it's not working because I am sending to my other phone and not getting the message, and when I look in the iOS app I'm not seeing it either - so that's how I know it's not being sent.  Is this on the radar?"

• tmo_tim_b

Hello again mrjlw3180

Thank you for those details. Do you mind if we reach out to you via a personal message to collect information for a bug report?

• mrjlw3180

Sure a personal message is fine...just for instance my wife sent me an text through digits at 4:06 pm today saying that she would pickup our kids.  I replied at 4:41 pm "ok" using the Window Digits App & looking at the below screen shot it says Delivered 4:41 pm however in looking at the screen shot posted on my iPhone 7 plus, the text "ok" never was actually sent because it did not sync with my iPhone 7, iPad Air & Digits web login through Chrome.  (See below screenshots)

Screenshot from my iPhone 7 Digits app the reply to wife "ok" at 4:41 pm was not sent                                                     Screenshot from Windows App-i replied back to my wife "ok" at 4:41 pm                                                                                & she did not receive the text from me

Thanks

Sent from iCloud

• mrjlw3180

I sent a personal message to you by reply to the email I received...also sent some screenshots. 

• bunk

same issues as well