1 of 1 people found this helpful
Definitely some great questions here. In order to answer your question, I referred to our FAQs (DIGITS beta program FAQs). We have two points on international calling that should address what to expect with our DIGITs app while roaming internationally.
Can I make international calls in the beta?
The DIGITS application works internationally–call through the app just as you normally would.
- Chargeable usage like international calling or premium paid messages are charged as normal; the app automatically switches to DATA mode so that you can take advantage of Simple Global and not incur any additional costs. Additional value added services such as voicemail to text and name ID are charged as normal. These services won't be waived during the beta period.
- If, as part of the beta, we provided you with a secondary SIM card for you line, this device won't be eligible to work internationally; please make sure to take your primary device.
The DIGITS app has you covered when roaming domestically. However, because there’s a 50 MB cap on domestic roaming data usage, all apps requiring data will stop working, including the DIGITS app, Internet browsing, email, and maps.
- You can still use the DIGITS app to see messages, voicemails, and call histories, but no new information will come in and you won’t be able to use any of the DIGITS in the app.
- Once your phone comes back into T-Mobile network coverage or Wi-Fi coverage the DIGITS app starts working again.
- The DIGITS app has you covered when roaming internationally. However, slower data speeds may cause intermittent issues.
Does that help? Please let me know.
nope! Thanks. I understand that I can send/recieve calls, texts to/from
the U.S. through digits from Sweden using local phone company data(second
sim on Axon 7) , t-mobile intl data (slow, possibly constrained) or wifi
using my primary T-Mobile number. Trick was going into settings to limit
calling to data. Pretty cool!
This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!