DIGITS access for Line Link

rpanchapagesan

I was playing around with DIGITS again, and I got an email that DIGITS is now available for my line link as well. I was/am excited by this feature, since I will be using this feature (home phone ringing on mobile phone as well) more than having multiple devices ring for same number. I installed DIGITS on iPhone. When I made an outgoing call using DIGITS app, the receiver got my line link line as caller id, but when I had the receiver call me back at home phone, it did not ring on the DIGITS app. How can I receive incoming calls on DIGITS app? All I am asking for is a feature similar to Vonage Extensions (if anyone knows about it).

Also, I would like to be able to sign up for State Side international talk on my home phone, but be able to use the DIGITS app on my mobile to make international calls, without having to subscribe for this service for each and every phone. Vonage gives me two extensions for free, and T-Mobile makes me regret for having ported my number and converted Vonage line into a Line Link number.

All replies

• tmo_tim_b

Re: DIGITS access for Line Link

Hello rpanchapagesan

I'm definitely glad you are participating in this beta, and thank you for reaching out to us.

On the first point, please log into T-Mobile.com and check your multiline settings (steps here: Set up DIGITS). Please make sure your LineLink line is listed a as line you can use, not just a line you can manage. Also, please make sure the T-Mobile ID you are using is tied to both the primary line and the LineLink line. We do see instances where one account can have multiple different T-Mobile IDs (since some lines can have their own). Finally, please make sure you are signing in with the T-Mobile ID, not a mobile #.

If everything appears correct, I recommend calling our Beta support team for further troubleshooting at 1-844-889-5651 from 3:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. PST.

On the second point, at least during the Beta, international calls should be made from the line with the feature. I think it's a great idea to extend this to duplicate lines, and I hope that's something we incorporate at some point. I will definitely make sure your feedback is heard. Hopefully we can make your decision less regretful.

Thank you so much!

• rpanchapagesan

1. The Line Link is set as a line that I can use
            2. My T-Mobile Id appears in the list of users who can receive or make any calls or text messages

I can send you screenshots from my account if you like to a private email address that you may ping me from.

On the second point, when you make DIGITS commercial, even if you have to charge an additional fee for the ability to carry my home phone on my mobile and share the international minutes between Line Link and Mobile, I think it would work. Obviously, the fee has to be reasonable, but there are other companies such as Vonage offering two extensions for free.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello again rpanchapagesan

When you first posted, I went with the fact that you received an email stating your LineLink can now be used. As you seem to know, LineLink was not part of the beta when it launched. I've been checking, and I still don't show anything on our end that says LineLink is now available. I'm wondering if it let you register when it shouldn't have. Did your email call out the LineLink program itself or just the fact that you had registered that number associated to your LineLink? We are reaching out on our end to further clarify this as well. If we do need further information from you or the screenshots I'll let you know, and we'll PM you then.

Thank you.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello again rpanchapagesan

I do apologize. I was able to confirm that LineLink lines are not eligible for the beta. I believe there was an issue with the registration portal allowing you to do so, and I will report the issue on a bug report.

• tmo_mike_c

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!