Duplicate SIM & SMS showing on 2nd device

uptownj

Hello All,

This is a new issue and minor. I don't know when it started but it wasn't going on until the past week. I am a beta tester for Duplicate SIM: iPhone 6s (main) and ZTE ZMax Pro (secondary)

My main phone is an iPhone. If I send sms messages from there, it shows up as its own conversation on the Android; as though I am conversing with myself from my main number. For example, my main number is listed in messages and has grouped all the conversations I sent from the iPhone, to anyone, on the Android. From the Android, It looks as though I am sending myself random sms messages. (if that makes sense)

If I text any individual from the Android, then the conversation stays in the thread to that individual and does not show up in that weird one way conversation to myself. This issue only happens on the Android. If I initiate a text from the Android then I do not see a solo conversation from my main number on the iPhone.

Side note: The telephone number in the message thread reflects my main number and not the 'dummy' line.

Severity Level: This is minor annoyance but does not prevent me from using my phones.

Jorge

All replies

• tmo_tim_b

Re: Duplicate SIM & SMS showing on 2nd device

Hello uptownj

Thank you for letting us know about this. Since this is a new issue, I'm wondering if anything else has changed. Did you get a new update to the DIGITs app by chance? If you cannot pinpoint a change, could you please try clearing the cache and data on the app. If that doesn't resolve, how about uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Thank you,

• uptownj

Good day tmo_tim_b,

To answer your question, No, nothing had changed. I was using pretty much everything that is stock. DIGITS app is not install on this phone. This issue is on hold while I test a possible workaround/fix.

I am not sure what temporarily fixed it on the native ZTE app. I was sending texts after flipping off: Wifi calling, request sms delivery, request mms delivery, and WAP push. I tried to determine which of those appeared to fix it by flipping them back on one by one. Eventually it returned within minutes and turning them all off again didn't seem to work.

I switched to gMessenger or whatever its called. (The one by Google on the Play store). At first I saw my texts doing the same thing. Then I went into app services and force quit the built in ZTE Messenger (zMessenger). Then I removed all permissions it was granted. Tested. Rebooted. Tested. It appears to be fixed -but- I want to try more testing.

If the tests are conclusive, then it will appear that zMessenger is the culprit. I want to wait 48 hours to confirm.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello uptownj

I realize it's been longer than 48 hours, but I wanted to check in with you and see if zMessenger was indeed the culprit. Please let me know if you're having any further issues.

Thank you!

• tmo_amanda

Happy Friday, uptownj

Any updates for us? I just want to make sure we've narrowed down the root cause.

• uptownj

Hello, initially, changing to the Google messanger fixed the issue.

I recently updated the device to the latest version and it seems to also have fixed the issue on the ZTE messenger.

• uptownj

I spoke too soon. I am not sure what changed.

This week I noticed data was slower:

• I know It's not required but I installed T-Mobile DIGITS on phone with second SIM
                          • I did the update to b09 and the issue returned.
                          • I Removed DIGITS app

Last night I noticed in my ZTE messenger app that everyone was ok. However, I recoeced a Facebook message in that messenger and noticed it had a section for SMS messeages. It had been recording incoming SMS messages including the original issue:  a one way conversion between me and myself and I. This thread is a collection of SMS messages I send to anyone from my iPhone. Seems to have started Friday with a gap that goes back to January 6th. Whatever the culprit, it Had been corrected after 01/06/2017 and resumed prior to 02/03/2017

• tmo_amanda

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!