georatm

Not sure if you guys are as annoyed as I am in regards to the GPS toggle options. I prefer to keep location settings on wifi and mobile networks so I expect when on this setting the GPS toggle should be off. If I decide to use the GPS satellites the toggle should be on and once I'm done using the full GPS setting when I hit the toggle it should revert back to battery saving mode like my HTC did. It's annoying have to manually put the location settings back to wifi and mobile networks each time I'm done using the full GPS setting. Should I explain better or so you guys get what I'm trying to say? Thanks

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: GPS toggle is annoying

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the problem is having to manually switch the setting back to Wi-Fi and Mobile Networks only after you use the GPS? If, that's the case, this setting may be a bit too unique for use to give you a workaround for this. In some instances features like this, it may be designed that way.

• georatm

Yes it is a terrible flaw on the Galaxy S7, My friends Axon 7 and my HTC was way easier to manage, If i set my gps on mobile networks and wifi then the toggle would be off and if i wanted full gps then all I would do is click the toggle. When I was done, clicking the gps toggle would revert back mobile networks and wifi location settings. on my s7 it just turns off gps completely.

• theartiszan

This was a design choice by Samsung. Stock Android also works that way as well. It was convenient though I must admit. I also see this as a poor design choice but it is sadly how it is designed to work. Not sure if the are other toggle programs which might short cut to that behavior.

• georatm

Nougat did nothing to fix this, now if you choose wifi and mobile networks if you click off the toggle it'll just turn off your current location setting. If you click the toggle back on then it'll go back to wifi and mobile networks. Seriously not that hard to fix.