How to block "Out-of-Plan Number" ?

farzadj

I'm starting this discussion to followup "Out-of-Plan Number" problem.

How to block "Out-of-Plan Number" ?

I have T-Mobile family plan. When I start my T-Mobile plan I asked the T-Mobile costumer service to make sure for my kid lines, I am not going to get any unexpected charge on my bill. They told me they have free feature for it and they are going to blocked it.

I can see on my bill they blocked "international call", "T-Mobile content download for purchase", "roaming call" and so ...

But recently I'm getting charged by name of "Out-of-Plan Number" + tax for Out-of-Plan Number.

I contacted T-Mobile costumer service and explain them the problem, they told me they know this problem exist and they don't have any solution for it right now. I have to wait to T-Mobile support team crate blocking feature for "Out-of-Plan Number".

You can see more information here:

Out-of-plan phone numbers FAQs

If any of my family members call phone number (712) 432-xxxx (like music station) they hear a massage about the 0.01/min and then T-Mobile start to charge the account holder without any confirmation from account holder. It should be a confirmation from account holder in advance for purchase at least for the first time. Otherwise it should count as an unauthorized purchase and should be disconnected or declined.

Personally I never signed up for "Out-of-Plan Number" and I should have unlimited free call to domestic phone numbers. I don't need to have access to "Out-of-Plan Number".

I'm looking forward to see a blocking feature from T-Mobile team soon. Because it is so annoying to be responsible for a bill at the end of the month but do not have control on the bill. I believe every customer have to have full control on their account. Hopefully this problem will be solved soon.

here you can see part of my last bill:

T-MOBILE Out-of-Plan Number.png

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: How to block "Out-of-Plan Number" ?

Hey farzadj and thanks for posting.

You make a great point. We do want to give you everything we can to control your account the way you want to. I'm curious, does this 712 number belong to a radio station or chat service like the ones specified in the doc you referenced? If so, and the caller continues to stay on the call even after being warned of the charges, they'll continue to appear on the bill. If you're looking to block the caller's ability to dial this number, you could look at our Family Allowances feature that'll allow you to do this. Keep in mind, calls made using Wi-Fi calling will still go through even if the number is set up as a blocked number.

If you're looking to pass along your feedback about having a way to block these calls all together, I can definitely pass this along. As mentioned in that doc, there isn't a way to block these numbers from being called. If one of your lines calls a number like this and stays on the line even after being warned of the charges, you'll be billed for it. I'll still make sure I pass along your suggestion.

Thank you.

• farzadj

tmo_mike_c you made very good points.

Unfortunately so far there is no feature on T-Mobile to block "Out-of-Plan Number".

If you have any connection in T-Mobile, would you please pass my feedback. (I appreciate )

I tried to contact T-Mobile costumer support they just telling me we know the problem and we are working on it.... and so far I haven't seen any action from T-Mobile.

To summarize:

As you mentioned Family Allowances is NOT going to work for this purpose, because:

1- It is impossible for end user to find each single "Out-of-Plan Number" and block each single of them, it takes for ever.

2- It is not working on Wi-Fi calling. Still it is not going to be 100%.

3- It is costly.

(Family Allowances cost $4.99 per month for each line, for 6 lines family plan it can easily cost $30 per month extra)

FA.jpg

I look for a simple and without extra charge feature to be able to prevent my account from unauthorized charge.

something similar to "International Long Distance Blocking" Block outgoing international calling & texting

ILD.jpg

It shouldn't be hard for T-Mobile to create similar feature. Hopefully we are going to see similar feature soon.

Please let me know if you have any solution or received any update!

(thanks in advance)

• tidbits

You pay once for family option. It is not per line.

• farzadj

Please read my last post one more time.

The problem with Family Allowances is not only cost! Cost is just one of the problem.

"Family Allowances" is designed for totally something else. And still (Hi or low) it cost extra money for costumer... with out fixing the problem.

Farzad

Family Allowances Problems for block "Out-of-Plan Number" :

1- It is impossible for end user to find each single "Out-of-Plan Number" and block each single of them, it takes for ever.

2- It is not working on Wi-Fi calling. Still it is not going to be 100%.

3- It is costly.

I look for a simple and without extra charge feature to be able to prevent my account from unauthorized charge. Something similar to "International Long Distance Blocking" Block outgoing international calling & texting

Please if you have any solution or received any update about blocking "Out-of-Plan Number" let us know!

Thanks

• farzadj

< T-Mobile still has this problem >

please fix this problem.

I tired of seeing unauthorized charge and have no control on it.

we need to have option for free block Out-of-Plan Number service

Out-of-Plan Number T-Mobile.png

• farzadj

T-Mobile......no update! no new feature!

Out-of-plan phone numbers

Can I block numbers that are out-of-plan?

... there is no way to block outgoing calls....

Last modified by tmo_sara on Jan 12, 2017 7:26 AM.

(please do not mark the second post as the correct answer, because it is not the answer)

(With all do respect to tmo_mike_c as the Community Manager, he's supposed to just pass along the suggestion and explain the problem to T-Mobile team, It's been couple months and still there is no solution from T-Mobile.)

Any new answer?

T-Mobile is struggling with this basic problem and it look like T-Mobile don't care or don't know how to fix this problem.

Just to give T-Mobile some clue:

(problem as simple as block out-of-plan number, it should be so simple just block what ever can cost extra for end user, exact same service all phone carrier offer for all prepaid phone plan, consumer pay once and there is no extra charge,... what ever is cost extra would be block).

I really disappointed.

(every customer just like to have same bill every month without surprise charges)

• tmo_mike_c

Hey farzadj.

I don't have an updates on the feature you're asking for. Keep in mind, I can't guarantee a blocking service like this is going to be created. I can only pass it along as a suggestion. If that does change, it'll be updated in our content. In your first post, you mentioned the caller hears a prompt they'll be charged. Is this a number associated with one of the services mentioned on our Out-of-plan phone numbers page? If it is, then that line will be charged if they continue to stay on the line after the message. I understand you'd like some confirmation sent to the primary before the charge takes place, but like the blocking feature, that is also not available. As of right now, the only way to stop the charges is to avoid calling these types of numbers. My apologies. I know that isn't the answer you wanted and I wish there was another immediate solution we could give you, but we don't have that. We do appreciate the feedback about this, so thank you.

• snn_555

T-Mobile rolls out $0.01 per minute charge for calls to 'out-of-plan' phone numbers - TmoNews

"This charge applies to services like conference calls, chat lines, and radio broadcast lines..."

Is it possible that you have merged calls from different people in different locations (perhaps overseas) that are all joined by a supposed "free" conference-calling number that is located stateside?

It would seem as if, in the meantime, perhaps you identify which of your lines is making these calls (you can see from each lines usage details) and use parental control.  Those calls are lasting several minutes, and with the frequency of calling, seem to be daily.

• farzadj

Coming Soon?

or Not Soon?

Still T-Mobile users are waiting for the this feature to be released!

Block Out-of-Plan Number.png

(this photo is made up to explain to t-Mobile what user need, in simple way!)

___________________________________________________________________

Still T-Mobile is struggling with this simple problem and the T-Mobile Engineer/Development team didn't release any feature for blocking Out-of-Plan Number.

1 of 1 people found this helpful