Scrolling issues in Chrome on Windows PC

berkdavis

When using Digits in Chrome (Windows Pro 10 64 bit), conversations keep popping back to earlier points. The conversation list also pops back to the top while scrolling down.

Any ideas?

All replies

• tmo_kendra

Re: Scrolling issues in Chrome on Windows PC

Hey berkdavis, are you using the web client on the computer or the downloadable client. Let me know if its on both.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello berkdavis

I'm trying to re-create the issue on my end, but I'm not having any luck. As such, I want to make sure I fully understand what is happening.

Since you state some of this this is happening when you are switching conversations, am I understanding that you are on the messages tab with two different message thread windows open? In mine, I have the list of conversation threads on the left and a maximum of two open message threads on the middle and right. If I scroll on any of those to a point earlier and click to any of the other windows and then back, they all stay where I left off. If, however, I click off the messages tab (to the calls tab), one of the message thread windows may change. When I come back to messages, that window is replaced with a new message thread rather than the one I was on, and the conversation list on the left resets to the top.

That's the only time my conversation list automatically pops back to the top. It sounds like yours is popping to the top while actively scrolling, correct? How many conversations do you have in your conversation list?

• berkdavis

Thanks @tmo_tim_b,

In Chrome, using the web client, it pops back while scrolling.

In the PC client, with only a single window (no conversation popped out), I will click a conversation on the left side bar, and it will open that conversation on the right at a set place in the conversation. It's never at the end of the conversation unless the entirety of the conversation is less than one page. I can scroll to the most recent messages, send and receive some messages, and it usually stays put. When I click another conversation on the left side, communicate there, and then go back to the original conversation, it is in the same place it began before, and I have to scroll to the end.

I would post a screenshot, but I'm hesitant to put any number of my texts on a public forum.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello again berkdavis

No worries about the screen shots. If we need specific information that you wouldn't want online, we'll reach out via a personal (and private) message. That description definitely helped me better understand as well. I tested several threads on my computer and am still unable to replicate the issue. I don't see why it would make a difference, but just in case it does, are you using a virtual line, duplicate line, or both? Also, I know you've tried Chrome and the app. What about another computer altogether? Also, are you behind a firewall of some kind?

• cricenog

I'm seeing the same issue, I was just about to start a new post - I'm seeing in on the iOS app as well - very disruptive and annoying!! It sees to happen when you don't log in for a while and there are a backlog of messages to load, it goes back to the last one cached? 

• tmo_tim_b

Hello berkdavis and cricenog

Thank you both for letting us know about the issue. I've been working with some others here to see if we could find out more about the issue and get some ideas, but at this point I believe we're going to need to file bug reports. I'll have my team contact you to get the information we need! Thank you so much, and please let us know if you have further issues or questions.

• cricenog

I logged in today via the web and app and all seemed well, potentially because I didn't get many messages overnight, but next time I will look to capture on video so you all see what's happening - I think the root cause is it you stay out of the app for a while after receiving a number of messages - when there's a backlog it has to load in the web or app - that's when the scrolling issue happens - it goes back to what it thinks is unread - at least for me - might be worth testing out - example, have multiple texts on your phone from multiple different numbers - then log into the app(s) and see how it catches up and if you see the issue.

Thanks!

• tmo_chris

Hey berkdavis and cricenog,

I just sent you both some private messages so we can gather some necessary information in regards to these issues.