Duplicate SIM card fail

azdreamscape

I have been using the duplicate SIM in one of my tablets successfully, no problems there.

I just decided to try the SIM in some of my old, older and really old phones...specifically an old NOKIA, a Palm Treo 680, a MyTouch 3G, and a MyTouch 4G.

I was unable to call out on any of these devices.

I'm uncertain if I'm missing a setting somewhere, or perhaps there is some other problem.

All devices have strong signals, but (naturally) the MyTouch devices are only getting 2G service...I should still be able to make a call, right?

All replies

• azdreamscape

Re: Duplicate SIM card fail

I just had my wife call me on my 'main' number, and the phone with the duplicate SIM did in fact ring and we were able to have a conversation.

• tmo_tim_b

Re: Duplicate SIM card fail

Hello azdreamscape

There likely isn't a setting that you need to worry about, though you can always check the network modes for each device. In the end, as long as the device supports a frequency currently available in your area, there is no reason it shouldn't be able to make and receive calls on the duplicate SIM. In some cases, you may see signal if there is a T-Mobile tower even if it the device itself isn't supported. One thing I would encourage is taking a look at the coverage maps at 4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile to see if those devices are fully capable for the area?

At the same time, being able to receive a call suggests that there isn't a reason you shouldn't be able to make a call. In that case, I'd recommend calling into our DIGITs support line 1-844-889-5651 to see if they can assist with troubleshooting as well.

1 of 1 people found this helpful