Make Digits as the default app

mrdil

Should add in options to make Digits as an defualt app. This should be done for at least the following:

Text messages

Phone Calls

Contacts

Also add widgets to short to different pages like text message, phones calls, and contacts or apps.

All replies

• tmo_tim_b

Re: Make Digits as the default app

Hello mrdil

I definitely appreciate the suggestion, and I understand it would make it easier. At this time, I know we are working with OEMs to incorporate DIGITs into the native apps. Some of the devices already have it, like the Samsung S7, and more devices will have it in the future. We won't be able to make it that way for all devices that have already launched, but this is definitely the direction we are taking.

• mrdil

I am using a Samsung S7 Edge as well as an iPhone 6s. How do you make Digits the default app for messaging or outgoing calling in Samsung? I don't see an option for this.

• jm00700

I support the request to create an option for having Digits work as the default messaging app.  I have a TMO LG Gpad F8.0, and I would prefer to have text messages sent from the phone number running on my Digits app instead of the Gpad's sim.  It appears that there is no way to accomplish this via default, and I have to text directly from the Digits app to use that phone number's account.  The reason I'd like to see it incorporated as a default option is using it with the "OK Google" command to send texts via voice.