csupaters

And ... do all of them have to be family members?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Happy New Year csupaters!  We're stoked to hear that you're thinking about one of our Prepaid Family Plans - and happy to deliver the good news that they are contract free!  There will be one billing responsible party, just like a postpaid family plan, so you don't have to worry about wrangling everyone who's joining the plan to sign some Constitution-weight document together - and no, they don't need to be kinfolk.   Please let us know if there are any other questions we can answer for you, we're happy to help!

- Marissa

• csupaters

How much are the set-up costs for a plan for five people? Is it possible to calculate the costs of such as plan for exactly five months? Is it possible for the members to pick up their sim card at a local T-Mobile store or are they all handed over after setting up the plan?

Thank you so much

• tmo_marissa

All good questions - but I think they may be a little more specific than I can address here!  Set-up costs may vary depending on whether you're bringing your own equipment or purchasing equipment.  Basic plan pricing is outlined on the page I linked to above - so for five lines the starting price would be $110 monthly at the current rate - but your bill's base rate could be higher if you add additional data to any of your lines, and it's a good idea to keep in mind that taxes and fees will be added to your service pricing, too.  Usually all SIMs would be provided to the billing responsible party (the person who's ordering service and who will be financially responsible for the family plan) - though you may be able to create your account and then add some of the plan participants as Authorized Users so that they can stop by stores in their respective areas to get their SIM cards.  To really get a better idea of the start-up costs, a projected rate including any customization you want, and details about how you can initiate service, we'd love it if you would contact us at the number listed on this page: Prepaid Family Plans.  I'd hate to keep giving you half of the story when we have a fantastic team ready to give you the whole story!

- Marissa