Issue: calling from galaxy tab a

sbjarna

When I try to make a call from my T-Mobile LTE enabled Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 inch tablet using the Digits apps the call doesn't go through. Initially the app just sits there for couple of minutes saying "connecting" then it starts to ring but the other end doesn't ring. After couple of rings it goes to fast busy followed by "called Failed" error. The exact same process on my WiFi only Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7 inch works every time as expected, to the same number.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Issue: calling from galaxy tab a

Thanks for reaching out!

When you are on your Tab A, are you on WiFi or the T-Mobile network?

-Lauren

• sbjarna

When I picked up my Tab A it was on T-Mobile network which leads me to believe that it was the same when my test was failing over the weekend. I just tested it and it works both on T-Mobile and on WiFi. However the app loses connectivity during the switchover between WiFi and T-Mobile and becomes unresponsive without any notification while reconnects. At one point the app actually crashed during the failover so I clicked the "report" button on the crash notification. I recommend you have the developer throw up a notification that the app is re-establishing contact and make it clear to the user that none of the menus and functions are available while the app is in a disconnected state.

• tmo_lauren

You reporting it directly was a good heads up, but I'll go ahead and file a bug report from my end as well.

Thanks for following up, the beta is definitely having some growing pains, but we appreciate users taking the time to update us with pieces like this.

-Lauren