georatm

Hello there guys, I was noticing my wife's G4 was awake/on a couple nights in a row when I woke up in the morning. I Iooked at the display settings and everything seems ok, the phone should sleep after 30 seconds of inactivity but it keeps waking itself. I made sure doze was working properly and I also disallowed notifications on the lock screen. Since I disabled the lock screen notifications things have improved though oddly sometimes the phones still wakes up immediately after pressing power button to manually turn it off. The phone still also wakes up when I hold it in my hand to pick it up. Not sure what this means, any suggestions would help, thanks.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: LG G4 wakes itself up

Hey georatm!

I'm pretty certain I know exactly what you're talking about. Did this just recently start or did this change after a software update? Can you try going to Settings/Accessibility/Dexterity and interaction/Air Wake up to see if the sensitivity is super low? Lastly, does she have a case on the phone? If so, try removing it.

Keep me updated!

• georatm

Started recently, its better no that lock screen notifications are off but like I said it does turn on when I pick up the device. There are no accessibility options  for "wake up" that match what you told me to look for. This issue popped up about 3 months ago maybe after an update but not quite sure. Still the battery life is very good on the phone, better then my GS7 which is kinda of embarrassing.

• tmo_amanda

Woah! That's pretty crazy that the battery life is so different between this phone and the GS7! Wow. I would never have guessed that.

Is your wife using the stock charger that came with the phone? I'm also wondering if a certain app is causing this. Prior to this happening, did she download any new apps? If so, try to uninstall them and see if that prevents the screen from waking itself up.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • georatm

We use multiple charger that have done a solid job, charging is fine and very quick. I'm not sure which app could cause a wake up and it's too tedious to check them all. I'm hoping the g4 gets updated to N.

• tmo_amanda

I agree that checking each app is a tedious task but could ultimately end up being the cause of this. As for the update to Nougat, I wish I had more info for you on if/when this will happen but I don't as of now.