Double texts

lrosado

I have one number, multiple devices. My main phone and a tablet Tab s2. On my main phone I am receiving double and sometimes triple messages. This started once I started using digits. Not all the time but it is happening more frequent now. Also my responses go to other people 2 to 3 times as well. Need help.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Double texts

Thanks for reaching out!

What is your primary device?

-Lauren

• lrosado

I have a Galaxy S7 as primary device and a Galaxy Tab S2 as secondary device using a duplicate SIM

• dshrum84

I have a HTC One M9 as my primary with a Samsung Gear S3 and a PC as other devices on the same number.  Prior to today I hadn't had the issue of receiving dual notifications on anything, but now I'm getting dual text notifications on the watch.  I'll get one text that looks like a phone notification and one text that looks like it was "to the watch" with the watch icon by it.

Previously I only received the "to the watch" texts.  As expected, they were the same text but the watch only received one notification.  I haven't changed any notification settings on the watch or the Gear App on the phone.

• tmo_marissa

Hiya lrosado - just wanted to touch base and see if this is still happening.  Are you receiving messages in duplicate/triplicate on only the main device, or do you ever see that on your tablet?  The messages that you're sending that are arriving as multiples - are they being sent from your phone, your tablet, or both?  Thanks for filling me in!

dshrum84 how are things going for you?  Are you still having issues with the Gear?  Has a moderator contacted you for a bug report already?

Thank you both for your participation and feedback!

- Marissa

• dshrum84

I hadn't removed the push notification setting for texts and calls on my phone, so that should solve things, but even before the double notifications were only sometimes.  I didn't notice a pattern of time, contact, etc so I'm not sure why sometimes it would double notify and sometimes not.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • tmo_lauren

Hmm, it looks like we have bug reports in for similar issues, the DIGITS team is working to get most of those resolved, so hopefully that will get fixed soon. Thanks for sticking with us through beta growing pains.

-Lauren