Text message showing unread

mrdil

I am using Digits on my laptop as well as two cell phones. All devices are sharing only my main number. Once I get a text message it shows up as unread and I have to go in each device to mark it as read on that device. This should not be the case, if I mark it read/open it on one device it should just sync the app with everything else.

All replies

• sovanyio

Re: Text message showing unread

Agreed. Part of this should also be a stub on the host phone for the main line that also syncs messages sent on other devices. Without this Digits is useless for sms/mms IMO

• tmo_mike_c

The DIGITS app and website interface should sync when you check unread message. This may not happen across your pre-installed messaging application and our engineering team is aware of this. We do appreciate you letting us know what's happening. Thank you.

• mrdil

Yes, syncing is working as I have seen it for all devices (iPhone, Android, and web).

• joecarter

So, how are we supposed to work around this?

I'm using a Note 5 and a Gear S3 with the stock apps. I've installed no additional software on my note 5 since being accepted into the beta. Not even sure I've rebooted to be honest.

But, I do have to mark all text messages as read on both devices. Also, if I get a call and I answer it on the note 5, the gear s3 shows that same call as a missed call.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey joecarter.

Right now, we don't have a workaround for messages getting marked as unread on the pre-installed app. Engineers are looking at this, but as for right now, messages in your pre-installed will need to be checked in order for it to be marked as read. However, when you read a message through the DIGITS app for example, it should show as a read message if you check on the web interface.

• mrdil

This is live as of today, just wanted to show there is still some issues with syncing. I missed a call this morning and online is still not showing it and if I did mark it as read online by mistake the app is not update, etc. Not fully syncing is the bottom line...The app is installed on a non tmobile device and number and main line is tmobile.