Help with September Free Iphone 7 Promotion

vacunajr

Hello,

Can anybody from T-mobile help me with this promotion? Here's the information I have:

9/19. Ordered Iphone 7 through tmobile.com

9/28. Received Iphone 7

9/30. Sent Trade-in (Iphone 6S)

10/03. Trade-in received by T-mobile

10/05. Got $265 Credit applied to my account for trade-in

After that, I requested the trade-in to be applied to my EIP account for the line associated with the Iphone 7 which it was, and waited patiently the 2 billing cycles I was told.

The promotion was never applied to my EIP account, therefore I never got any monthly credits. I have spoken with at least 4 customer service representatives for the past 2 months. Two of them called me back to follow up with me, and promised me the credits will show up on the next billing cycle. They also told me they were going to call me back to follow up with me again once the new statement was generated, but they never called me back. One of them even promised me to credit me back the remaining balance of the promotion all at once, since I had been waiting for a while, but again I never heard back from her again.

I just called this afternoon once again, and it was such a painful experience speaking with this Rep. He didn't really know how to the promotion worked at all. At the end, he finally got it, and he was going to escalate my issue to his business team, that I should expect a call from them in 5 business days.

I really have no hopes in getting a call back, which it is why I am asking for help on this forum.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Oh no, Victor!  I am so sorry to hear about this - it sounds like you've been incredibly patient and put a lot of effort into requesting updates on your promotional status as well, I'm so sorry that it hasn't yielded results thus far.  I especially apologize for the missed commitments to touch base with you - no matter what happens, we should always follow up when we say we will.  I appreciate you outlining your experience here for us in the Support Community - ultimately, though, since it's a user forum we don't have the account access to investigate the matter ourselves.  The Business Support team the last representative mentioned is absolutely the appropriate escalation point for this matter, so I'm glad to hear that the issue's been passed to the correct team - although they are an offline department, so I'm thinking that we should actually be calling you back from Customer Care. 

We want you to receive any updates regarding the escalation status as quickly as possible. Since it will require account access to review, I would recommend reaching out to our T-Force team via social media (Twitter or FB) if you're able.  The advantage in this situation is that you can continue one message thread over days if needed - that way you won't have to explain the situation every time you reach out for assistance (though in all honesty we should have resolved this for you by now and it stinks that we're still working on it).  Counting after the 27th, five business days would be the fourth - can you let us know if you hear a response, and if not, reach out to T-Force?  Please keep us posted if you can.

- Marissa

• vacunajr

Hello Marissa,

Today is the 4th, so hopefully someone will reach out to me sometime today. If they don't, then I will go ahead and contact the T-Force team via Twitter as you recommended.

Could you please confirm that this is them on Twitter?

T-Mobile Help (@TMobileHelp) | Twitter

I am assuming I would need to send them a message correct?

Thanks,

Victor

• tmo_marissa

Yep, that's us!  You'll want to send a message to that handle and then they'll ask you to DM so that we can get your account securely verified.  Fingers crossed you hear back today!

- Marissa

• vacunajr

Hello Marissa,

I ended up contacting the T-Force team yesterday afternoon. They're looking into my issue now, and we now know the reason why I didn't get the promotion apply to my EIP account. Apparently, the trade in was done on the incorrect line on my account. They are going to reach out to their support team to see if they can change it to the correct line, or if they will need to take an alternate route to get the credits applied to my account.

The Rep told me it should take about a week to get this resolved, so we shall see. I've been told to wait a week before and nothing has happened, so hopefully this team can finally resolved this issue

I will keep you informed.

Thanks,

Victor

• tmo_marissa

Hi Victor!  I know it hasn't quite been a week yet, but I just wanted to see how everything's going for you. 

- Marissa

• vacunajr

Hello Marissa,

I didn't hear back from them yesterday, which honestly at this point it's the normal for T-mobile support. Always promise to call back, or in this case message me back with an update, but they never do.

In any case, I will be reaching out to them through the Twitter conversation I had with them last week, and will provide an update once I hear back from them.

Thanks,

Victor

• vacunajr

Re: Help with September Free Iphone 7 Promotion

Hello Marissa,

I finally heard back from T-Mobile Support. They couldn't fix the monthly credit issue, so they just applied the remaining credit balance to my EIP account, which works for me.

I can now see the credit on my online account, and that credit will be applied to my EIP account at the end of this billing cycle, which I know will happen since I requested the same thing back when I got the trade-in credit for my old Iphone in October.

Thank you very much for suggesting that I should contact the T-Force team.

Much appreciated.

Victor