Turn off primary number on non-Samsung phones?

sskorka

Is it advisable for non-Samsung (Note 5 and Galaxy S6 and later) phone users (I'm an iPhone user) to turn off their primary T-Mobile phone number in the DIGITS app and just leave the virtual number(s) active? In looking at various discussions here, it seems that may be a good idea. But I don't know if that will cause any functional issues with the virtual numbers. I would be interested in understanding this a little better. Thank you in advance for your response.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Turn off primary number on non-Samsung phones?

I downloaded the digits app and turned it off. Still works with my watch when I use the iPhone. I didn't have trouble with it on other android devices this far.

• sskorka

Re: Turn off primary number on non-Samsung phones?

Thanks for the reply, tidbits. That's what I'm hoping happens and, given that I use iMessage often, taking this approach would eliminate the unnecessary duplicate SMS messages within the DIGITS app itself (for my primary number). Also, since DIGITS uses the phone's primary dialer when the app's network settings are set to Use Minutes and Data anyway, this suggests it's reasonable to turn off that number and just leave the virtual number(s) active. I appreciate your help. Will also wait to see what the T-Mobile support team says.