After DIGITS Beta is Done

sskorka

To: T-Mobile DIGITS Support Team. I have two questions:

(1) At the end of the beta period, for those who decide to stay with the service, will we be able to keep our second beta virtual number or will we have new numbers assigned?

(2) If desired, would we have the option of selecting our secondary/virtual number?

Thank you!

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: After DIGITS Beta is Done

Great questions!

We don't have final answers, but for now the answer is you will indeed get to keep your number.

You will likely be able to change numbers, however we expect it to be similar to current number policy which includes a fee, and the number is randomly generated!

-Lauren

• azdreamscape

On a similar note, will our duplicate SIMs continue to work?

• tmo_evan

Just to give you all a sense of the plan for after the beta...

1. You'll be given a choice if you want to keep the extra DIGITS that we've created for you.  (e.g. the new phone number for the virtual line).   If you choose to keep your new DIGITS, you'll of course get to keep the number associated with it.
            2. You'll be given a choice if you want to keep the routing numbers we've created for you (e.g. the duplicate SIM for your primary number).

If you choice to keep either 1 or 2 (or both) then we'll convert you over to whatever the production plan is for that line type and whatever the monthly recurring charge is for the line type, once the transition period has expired. 

Any of the items that you choose to keep, will continue to work with no interruptions and no need to make any changes to your account or getting new SIMs and the like.

If you choose not to keep any of the features, the SIM and the lines will simply go inactive on your account.

If you have a Gear S2 or S3 and you choose not to keep the routing numbers for it, we will revert those devices back to the original numbers for your wearable plan.

Hope that helps to clarify.

• azdreamscape

Gear S3 doesn't have a 'routing number'. Perhaps that's why I'm having issues with it not using my main number when disconnected from a phone?

Also, I'm not sure I like the concept of 'inactive numbers' being left on/in my account once the beta is concluded.

Things have gotten rather complicated in there recently...

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!