Issue sending text from primary sim device...

raytexan

Recently  after a call to tech support about getting my Gear S3 to work independantly using my primary number, when away from the phone, has lead to be unable to send Text message from My S7 Edge (using the Stock Message app)  which has my origianl sim and primary number.  In few case I was able to send message out but those were a few Tmobile Customers, Hey I can even send a message to my Gear s3 to its independant number.   Still holding on to my Iphone 6s Plus. I place my sim card into it earlier today, and was able to send text message with no issuse, but whenI place it back in my S7 edge I have problems, Stating ""Sending Fail"  and Message Is Gray out with "!" to the left side of it. 

All replies

• azdreamscape

Hi, Ray!

I don't have the answer, but I am having similar issues with my Nexus 5 and my Gear S3 Frontier.

The watch will make calls out on the main number when connected to the phone, but when disconnected from the phone it reverts to the onboard SIM number.

Not a big deal since I can alert my friends that I have an alternate number, but as I understand that is not the way the watch is supposed to work...

• raytexan

Hey There Azdreamscape,

Your actually correct in how your using the Watch with your mobile deivice, in where once it remotely connceted or seperated from the phone Bluetooth making calls will show the alternate number that belong to the watch itself.  I have had the original Gear S  and this was it normal function.  I set in my settings not to show number when I made calls from watch while It wasn't connected via bluetooth, as I do now with the Gear S3 Frontier. Usually I'll send a text message to a friend letting them know I'm about to call them from private number, rarely would I use watch to make calls because of this.. I am excited that Tmobiile has brought Digits out which now I can use number primary number via my watch when it not connected via bluetooth, to communicate without the extra step or the alternate number...

• tmo_chris

Re: Issue sending text from primary sim device...

raytexan - We need to get your GS7 back up and running! Out of curiosity, are you using the DIGITS app on your phone or the build in multi-line setting within the settings menu?

• raytexan

Hey Thanks for your Responds. YES I'm using the Build in Multi-line settings, out of my setting menu with the Stock message app for the GS7 on the GS7... I am force to use my Tab S2 to reply to message using the Digit apps upon receiving them on my GS7.. Strangely enough Yes! it updates on the GS7 when I reply via the Tab S2 tablet using the Digit app..

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying! This may sound like a silly question but do you have your line active in the multi-line settings? If so, try turning it off and then placing the phone in airplane mode for about 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, turn off airplane mode and go back into the multi-line settings and re-enable the line.

• raytexan

Just preform the following instruction, and message are still failing to those contact that I have been texting from the GS7 that failed in the past...

Oh Let me please advise you of one more things. That recently develop since the issue arrive, There seems to be a few number I'm able to send without issue Using my primary Sim number, but majority I'm unable to send reply to I recent thought it was Tmobile customer I was able to send but one of my friends has ATT and able to send reply message to them... Also note in the Setting My Primary Line doesn't give and option to turn off or on, only the Virtual line

Yes I'm also unable to send Message to those same people using the Virtual number

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!