Issues when searching for contacts

ransomv

Repro steps:

1. Open DIGITS on my Tab E
    2. Select Contacts
    3. Select the magnifying glass to search for a contact
    4. Type in a name and select it from the results

Issues:

• The Search field obscures the menu for the contact. I cannot immediately set it as a favorite or open the ... menu.

I recommend making the panel on the right start lower so that the search bar doesn't obscure it.

Alternatively, you could make the search bar only take half the screen, but that may be too small.

Another solution to to do both. Make the search bar

• If I hit the X button on the right side of the Search text field, rather than closing the search box, it just clears the text.
    • If I want to close the search box, so I can get to the menu, I have to hit the device's back button multiple times:
      • First time closes the keyboard, but leaves search bar as-is.
      • Second time closes the search menu.

(If I recall correctly, it used to take 3 back buttons, so it appears there was some improvement.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Issues when searching for contacts

Hello ransomv and thanks for participating in the beta!

You've mentioned awesome feedback and we appreciate you stopping by to tell us what's happening. We'll be sure to get your feedback is routed to our internal teams. I do have a question about the search issue you're having. What is happening exactly with the view of the contacts? Is it moving the list to one side and make them hard to read, or is it doing something else. I'd like to run this by our internal folks to see about this.

• ransomv

Here are some screenshots. I hope it answers your question.

1) Launch DIGITS

1-Launch DIGITS.png

2) tap the search icon:

2-Tap Search Icon.png

3) Type in a name:

3-enter in name.png

4) Select the contact:

5-Type name and select.png

Note that I cannot see the menu above the selected contact.

If I hit the X at the top right, it clears the field. I originally expected it to close the search bar.

I understand that having an X clear an entry field is valid, but the fact that it is at the top right corner would lead one to believe it was a close icon.

I haven't found a way to easily close the search bar. I would expect for there to be one.

5) Hit the DEVICE'S back button:

6-Hit back once.png

The keyboard disappears, but the search bar is still up there.

6) Hit the device's back button again:

7-Hit back again.png

FINALLY! I get access to the menu above the contact. (So I can set them as a favorite, etc.)

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!