Black Friday free phones with trade in promo

pzona623

I am a new customer and switched from Verizon. I am confused on what I need to do to receive the $200 port credit for each line. I was told I would need to ship my phones back to T-mobile within 30 days of activation. When I received the new phones there was only one return label to GRC 840 W Sandy Lake Road Coppell, TX 75019. Am I simply suppose to put all my phones in one box with the return label? Should I include any other information in the box? Once this has been shipped, is this when I go to www.t-mobile.com/promotions to input in the code 16PORT? Or should I already be able to move forward with that step? It currently states I am not eligible and I am guessing because I haven’t shipped my phones back yet. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi pzona623!  Welcome to T-Mobile!  It sounds like you're participating in the 2016 Magenta Port-in and Trade-in offer.  You can find steps outlined there, including links and the Promo codes you need.  To trade your phones in, you'll actually want to follow this process: Trade in your device - the label provided when you're done will have the IMEI, make and model for the phones you're trading in, and will be addressed to a separate warehouse entirely.  The label you're seeing that arrived in your box is for a Buyer's Remorse return if you choose not to keep your new equipment.

- Marissa

• pzona623

Re: Black Friday free phones with trade in promo

Thanks for your reply. However when I go to trade in device thru the steps it gives me an inaccurate estimate. I have a Samsung S5 and I got an S7 and the deal was the new phone was free. The estimate is giving me $54. This doesn't make sense. Also why isn't the code working for me? This was a different offer to port in numbers.

• tidbits

The S5 is almost 3 years old. Personally if I bought 3rd party I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it personally. If you can get more than that then sell it 3rd party. That's what I would do.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha, so you're combining the offer I linked to above and the November S7 offer.  You can see more details of that offer by going here: T-Mobile Offer Details and clicking Prior Promotions, then scrolling down to Promo code SA02 for the 2016 Nov Samsung GS7/edge Offer.  I'm not sure if it's called out there, but the trade-in value listed will be the standard amount.  The additional credits require that you qualify for and complete the promotion submission, so when you walk through creating the trade-in, you're going to see the value that's always offered to any customer for that particular phone, not the promotional value. 

As far as the reason for the code not working - I think your suspicion that it may be because the trade-ins aren't complete seems valid, especially since submitting the Promo code is listed in the steps to redeem after the trade-in step, but to be 100% sure we definitely want to have a team with account access review this for you.  Since the Support Community is a user forum, we can't look over your account to confirm your eligibility, so when you have a moment please Contact Us so that we can troubleshoot this with you and make sure you're able to take advantage of this offer!

- Marissa

• pzona623

I have spoke to a few different customer service reps and unfortunately I keep getting different answers and it been frustrating. This is not straightforward. I ported 5 phones and I want to make sure I do this right. That's  $1000.00! I will try the 16port code after I ship the phones. This was the only code the sales rep mentioned. Again this is the Black Friday deal during thanksgiving weekend. I want to make sure with you that you are certain I would not ship the phones back with the return label provided correct? Because the rep mentioned that I would. You can double check the address above. I will go thru the trade in steps if that is not correct. Please advise.

• tmo_marissa

I assure you that the address you provided above is not the appropriate address to ship trade-in equipment, and I am very sorry you were advised otherwise (and glad you sought additional information)!  Without a unique, accepted record of the trade-in offer (the IMEI, make and model of the equipment) we are not able to provide any compensation for the device - standard or promotional.  Just to be sure that you don't already have trade-in labels created somehow that were left out of your box in error, did you give all the details of the equipment you want to trade-in to a representative while placing your order (such as IMEI, memory variant, make, model, color, etc)?

- Marissa

• pzona623

Yeah I provided everything but the IMEI. Man, I am glad I posted on here. I literally dropped of the box at the ups store and called them to stop. I will follow the steps and if I have any issues I'll let you know. Do you know about how long after I ship the phones I will be able to use the code online? Thank you so much.

• tmo_marissa

I'm so glad you reached out, too!  Regarding your ask about the promotion submission timeline after the trade-in - to be honest, I'm not sure how long it will take to reflect.  I know that in our internal systems trade-ins take at least 24 hours to show and sometimes it can be a little longer.  Our T-Mobile Promotions team may be able to answer that with more specificity - their number is at the bottom of that page!  Again, thank you for reaching out here!

- Marissa