Notifications are driving me insane

jamlet

I'm using the app on Android. I would like to see a way to customize notification preferences for each line. Every time I get a text or missed call on my main number, I get a notification in the app also and the only way to make it go away is to actually open the app and read the exact same messages I just did on my phone. I've turned off the general app notifications in my phone settings, but I still see the little number in the circle on the app icon indicating new messages. And since I can't deactivate the main number from the app (I'm assuming it acts as an anchor), I'm stuck getting notifications.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Notifications are driving me insane

Hey there jamlet and thanks for letting us know about this.

Just to clarify, if you get a text, you're getting notifications for the DIGITS app as well as your pre-installed messaging app? If so, are you looking for a way to disable the notifications from the DIGITS itself?

• jamlet

I get them on both the app and my native messageing in my phone. I'm able to disable the app notifications in my phone settings, but that then turns off the notifications of the DIGITS number as well.

Even with the notifications turned off there is still the little circle at the top corner of the icon indicating unread messages, and the only way to get those gone is to actually open the app and re-read the same message I just read in on my phone.

• tmo_mike_c

You're both right about the privacy setting not being an option. That's really good feedback and I appreciate you telling us this. I can't guarantee that this kind of notification customization will be included after the beta, but I'll pass along the feedback you've mentioned here.

Thank you.

• invalidudername

I'll second this!!! If a text comes into our main line, we get the normal notification as we would with our default messaging app, we also get a notification from the DIGITS app.  The Digits app also shows the first line from each person that texted us, so there isn't any privacy.  It would be optimal  to be able to only get notifications for our "second" line or virtual line and be able to adjust the privacy to not show the actual text.

I've tried using digits app as my only and default dialer and message app buts just to rudimentary at this point.  That and the awful battery usage of the app

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!