Message timing and synchronization issues

sskorka

To T-Mobile DIGITS Support Team: I can't quite determine a pattern as the issues appear randomly but my general observation on messaging is that there are either problems with synchronization across devices or at least timing issues, with some messages arriving on one device quickly and on other devices very slowly or not at all. The scenario is worse with my own outbound messages than with inbound content but the behavior manifests both ways.

in addition, push notifications don't always include a sound notification even if Sound is one of the notification options turned on for the DIGITS app.

I am testing both scenario A and B on an iPhone, iPad and a MacBook Air with the Chrome browser. I have turned off iMessage on all 3 devices.

All replies

• sskorka

Re: Message timing and synchronization issues

A quick follow up to my original post.

I am starting to see synchronization of messages on my primary and virtual DIGITS between my iPhone and iPad apps. I suspect the timing is the issue - sync isn't immediate yet as it is with apps like iMessage, Hangouts and Skype for example. I will check the Chrome browser on my MacBook Air later to see if recent messages are there as well.

What I'm not sure about is whether true synchronization is taking place within the Apple ecosystem yet in terms of read/unread status being automatically updated between devices (e.g. I read a message on my iPhone and it is marked as read on my iPad (including affecting the new message badge icons for the DIGITS app).

• tmo_evan

Message synchronization is actually pretty tricky given that we're not using just an over the top system like imessage.  What you are likely seeing is that your mobile originated messages (sms) take longer for them to sync back to your other devices.  And depending on messaging type it might be longer based on the type of network your are on.  One thing we do is a bunch of message cleanup so that after a bunch of time we go through and update and check the messaging threads to insure they are updated across all devices.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!