Issue with Gear S3 and DIGITS

jonedwards313

I have successfully enrolled in the DIGITS program.  However when I made a test call from a friend's phone the call didn't come to my gear s3 at all. Are there any specific settings I have to use to make this work? Thanks in advance

All replies

• tmo_kendra

Re: Issue with Gear S3 and DIGITS

Hey, Great question. Do you happen to have your gear s3 in stand alone mode? Let me know if that works. -Thanks

Set up as a standalone device

1. Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds to turn on the Gear. When you turn on the Gear for the first time or reset it, a pop-up window is displayed
        2. On the setup screen, tap the question mark underneath the download instructions to display the Help screen.
        3. Scroll down to the message that reads 'If you want to use Gear without connecting to your phone, tap here' and tap here.
        4. Select desired language (English is pre-selected as default), then tap NEXT.
        5. Click the ✔ check mark to continue.
        6. Agree to the terms and conditions, then tap NEXT.
        7. Follow steps to create a PIN, then tap NEXT.
        8. Wait for the device setup to complete.
        9. Follow the on-screen tutorial and begin using your device.
        • tmo_tim_b

Hello jonedwards313

We did have some issues with the virtual numbers showing when they should not. Our engineers have been working on it. At the same time, if you are still having the issue, we would like to know so we can get your information and examples added. Please let us know!

Thank you so much for participating in this beta. We appreciate any and all feedback you  have to provide.

• tmo_mike_c

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!