Huawei Nexus 6P - voice callee hears only unintellible sounds?

I have a continuing intermittent problem with voice calls on my Nexus 6P phone.

The sounds that the callee hears are unintelligible garbage. This is a very infuriating problem,

in that it occurs intermittently. I have to continually make test calls where I can play back recordings

of my own calls to determine their quality.

Needless to say, I've checked and rechecked all the settings related to the cellular network.

I've also scoured the web for possible answers to no avail. One site mentioned a problematic noise

canceling microphone. But I dismissed that because a "speech to text" app that I use appears to work flawlessly and the fix

required changeing a paramater in the the system build.prop file, which also requires "rooting" the device and invalidating the warranty.

I've replaced the SIM card, and disabled wifi calling.

Huawei the manufacturer has been contacted  several times, without providing any useful help. And as a last resort I may have to "factory reset" the phone and return it for repair. Probably without any guarantees that the problem will be fixed.

I'm at a complete loss on how to solve this problem and any help would be sincerely appreciated.

All replies