A bit confused about Digits app

ed630

I am not sure why the app is needed and where to install it.

Three phones using one #.

I have installed the app on all three and most things seemed to work except saving contacts to cloud - not a concern at this time.

When out I have taken the primary phone and a duplicate and at some point noticed  DIGITS on duplicate was labeled not ready in notifications.

Found another question re: which device should have app on it - they say do not put the app on duplicate as sim is all that's needed.

Removed app from both duplicates and received and made calls fine - did not try text.

So decided to remove app from primary device and everything (calls) still fine.

What is the purpose of the app? or what is confusing me?

Thanks

All replies

• lemmyslender

Re: A bit confused about Digits app

The app is useful for a couple situations.

1) On a device without a sim (wifi-only tablet).  It allows the device to send / receive calls and texts over wifi.

2) On a device with a sim (on either T-Mobile or another carrier).  It allows you to keep the primary number on that device available for calls/texts and the app for calling / texting with your DIGITS number.  This allows you to have 2 numbers on the same device.  (Say using a personal device for both personal and work lines).

In your case, you don't have another line of service on the duplicate phones to worry about, so the app is not necessary as the you are using the duplicate sim card.

• tmo_marissa

Re: A bit confused about Digits app

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!