First-time poster here...I want to thank everyone up-front who respond, and let you know that your knowledge and wisdom surrounding these kinds of issues are both welcome and helpful! Again, many, thanks.
I bought a new S7 in Hawaii, then moved to Fallon, NV. Both locations have dark pink 4G LTE coverage as reflected in the T-Mobile capability map. There are several issues affecting the efficiency of my phone.
I have the Samsung S7 with Android version 6.0.1, Model SM-G930T, and have checked for updates as recently as today. I'm up to date. The last update I did was on November 1, 2016. I have Build Number MMB29M.G930TUVU4APK1, and you can ask for any additional information you might need.
Here are my main issues:
1. After resetting my phone, I get a text message indicating, "XXX# of texts not sent." This appears even after I know for a fact said texts have gone through.
2. I get the same text from senders multiple times
3. The screen dims on its own, then lightens from time to time
4. Perhaps the most frustrating is the quality of the calls. I consistently get, "WHAT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, YOU'RE BREAKING UP!" from callers on the other end, and this makes me want to yell into the phone, too. On my old S6, it was a clogged microphone - I don't think, with this huge mic hole, that that is the case on this phone, but I could be wrong. I've had a case on it since I've bought it (Spigen,) and only recently have I been having call quality issues. Things tend to go better when I'm on a wireless headset and the phone is sitting in one location.
5. The phone has, from time to time, restarted on its own.
Thank you in advance! I know we're supposed to be patient with new technology, but this is a bit of a hassle, and it's getting worse. If I could get help with any of these issues, I would be profoundly appreciative.
Many, many thanks,