Duplicate sim card issue

hershy

Hi,

I signed up for DIGITS beta right when it was announced, first i signed up for one number on multiple devices, afterwords i signed up for 2 numbers on one device and i got a confirmation email for both.

Yesterday i was browsing DIGITS help page and i found that i can get a replica of my primary sim card with my phone number natively on it, this got my attention right away because i always wanted to have my primary phone number on a secondary dump flip phone on which i can't obviously install the digits app (i can use main sim on the flip phone and my second sim on my smartphone with the digits app, however, its not the same experience since i need to play calls and send messages trough the digits app, and also its very not battery friendly).

Back to the subject, i contacted tmo phone cs and they were totally unaware of such an option, so i contacted T-Force via twitter and they were taking me on a roller coaster ever single message with compete different info, once one has finally realized what i want they were checking off and had to start from step 1 for the new rep what i want.

i tried tweeting to Evan Feldman the lead of DIGITS and i tried guessing his email address, but no reply yet.

i called tmo and i was transferred to 3 people and finally spoke to someone in the special DIGITS help department, he told me that im only  opt-in in the "2 numbers on 1 device" part of digit and that's the reason i haven't got a sim card and i cant get a duplicate sim card unless i want to opt-out and re-opt-in and that will take about 2 weeks since its a beta program. this did not make any scene to me cuz i was able to use my primary number on my second smartphone, also i gave him the confirmation code from the email but he couldn't find it in the database, so i went ahead i tried to make my primary number active on my second smartphone, he sent a test message and i only received it on the second device with digits app, but calls rang on both.

so he submitted my case to the developers and i dont have much hope that i will get a reply any time soon.

anyone had a similar problem? if yes what was your solution?

note: im not using the 2 numbers on 1 device thing so i dont care if i have to opt-out.

sorry for my grammar English is my second language.

thanks alot

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Duplicate sim card issue

Hey hershy,

It sounds like you have been through the wringer trying to get all set up. If you still have your "Complete your DIGITS Beta Registration" email you can go back through the steps there to elect to test the one number on multiple devices option. I can assure you that it will not take 2 weeks for you to get approved. If you want to use a duplicate SIM card on a flip phone, you will want to select the option for "Other T-Mobile Compatible phone". Once you elect to test that, you will be provisioned within about 48 hours and we will mail you a duplicate SIM card (standard shipping) that you can use in the flip phone.

• tmo_marissa

Re: Duplicate sim card issue

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!