Text message not received all the time

kc1230

Hello,

I have Samsung S6 smartphone.  Ever since I activated digit service, multiline setting on phone, I am having issue receiving text messages.  Sometimes i get text messages and sometimes i do not.  I signed out of digit on phone, restarted phone, but problem continues to happen. 

All replies

• jaco_b

Re: Text message not received all the time

Same on iPhone again this morning, so probably a network issue.

I had some messages sent to me at 10:25 CST, but only received them at 12:56 CST.

• athensoh

I have the 'many-devices-one-number" option, and text messages have stopped arriving to my smartphone or arrive just sporadically (some do, some don't). At the same time, ALL text messages arrive just fine to the Web browser interface even when it's turned off. Called TMo support three days ago to terminate my DIGITS enrollment. They said it would be done in 72 hours, but it hasn't. Called Tech Support again, was told that my DIGITS enrollment was cancelled 80%(!!!), and I should wait until Monday, Dec 26. Meanwhile, I can still log in to the Web interface and see the messages arriving there and not to my phone. Quite frustrating, especially when many apps and financial accounts now use 2-factor authorization via text messaging.

• speedbee83

I have experienced a few text not going through as well. I will have my main phone LG G5 and my second phone running the DIGITS app sitting next to it. most of the time the phone running DIGITS actually receives a text message first before my main phone does. However I have noticed that every so often my main phone gets a text and the digit app does not. I try to refresh the chat and the incoming text still does not show.

Also has anyone experienced any delayed text. Or people receiving a text you sent hours later. I know there are many factors that come into play and I have experienced the issue before in the past before DIGITS, just wondering if anyone else has experienced it during the beta test?

• athensoh

Somebody on reddit suggested that I turned off VoLTE on my affected phone as a temp solution, which I did and it seems to have resolved the issue. Here is the Reddit discussion.

• jaco_b

For the most part outgoing texts seem to be OK for me, but incoming are delayed / not received (but only some of them) until something changes, i.e. restart the app, switch between LTE and WiFi, move to different cell.  It's just completely unreliable at this point.

• sskorka

jaco_b, you are describing similar behavior I'm experiencing whether with one line multiple devices or multiple lines one device. Eventually, all messages across all devices DO actually sync up but it can take hours to complete. I tested this by turning iMessage on my iOS devices back on (I'd turned it off for the DIGITS beta). Texts (iMessage or SMS) come through using iMessage immediately. But SMS via DIGITS can take a few minutes or a few hours to receive and/or sync up, especially with incoming messages. I'm sure this will be addressed by the development team but it's good to let them know what's going on.

• tmo_amanda

Hey kc1230!

Did you try the suggestion that athensoh had? We also have a massive thread covering this issue here: Help! DIGITS activation has killed my SMS!!!.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!