Battery Life

brill

Does anyone else find that Digits is killing battery life? I'm on a galaxy S7 Edge.

All replies

• eekers

Re: Battery Life

Yes. They do have an option you have to select saying it will run in the background and won't be battery optimized. Hopefully they figure out how to do this with battery optimization soon.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey brill and eekers - thanks for the feedback.  We did release some app updates in an attempt to combat this, though by the looks of thisDigits app battery thread we've had mixed reports of improvements.  If you've updated your app and are still experiencing a problem with significant battery drain, do you mind chiming in there?  We'd love to grab your information and file bug reports if you haven't already done so with our DIGITS Beta team over the phone, but we're trying to consolidate threads as much as possible to keep the space easy to navigate.  Thank you so much for participating!

- Marissa

• idon12no

I find battery life through the app to be okay, I just make sure I turn off the app when I'm not using it. However, the duplicate sim destroys my battery life. I notice the app regularly asking me to verify the number and then enter the confirmation code, but all the code ever does is loop back to the screen where it asks for the number. It seems to me that the app doesn't know it's on a duplicate sim, and perhaps all this prompting is what kills the battery. Calls and texts work on my duplicate phone through the phone's integrated apps, so I don't understand why the app has to work so hard when it's not even being used.

• brill

I'm trying it again, but honestly, the requirement of keeping GPS on is going to be a killer. If I go into the subway or far away from a GPS signal, it will kill it my battery fast.I'm trying it again, but honestly, the requirement of keeping GPS on is going to be a killer. If I go into the subway or far away from a GPS signal, it will kill it my battery fast.

• brill

I've tried it and watched the battery life click down like a clock. This is still a real problem.

• joepew

I'm in the same boat.  I have a Galaxy S7 Edge.  I do not use the Digits app, but have enabled Multiline on my phone.  I'm using Digits to have two numbers (and not to be able to use multiple devices).  The battery drain is bad.  I've tried turning Multiline on and off as well as turning the phone on and off.

• tmo_mike_c

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!