DIGITS app notification issues on iOS

jaco_b

I'll start this thread to keep a list of notification issues found so far.

1. Notification sounds are not sent to Apple Watch.

2. When you are exchanging messages with someone, and then open another app in the foreground, the app badge icon is not updated when new messages are received.  You have to be somewhere outside of the conversation for the badge icon to update.

3. It seems the app has to be running in the background to receive text messages and create notifications. 

4. When receiving a text message on the device line, the DIGITS app makes a notification sound, even though the message is not displayed in the DIGITS app, but in the native messages app.

5. At random times banner notifications are not displayed, even though the sound is still played.

All replies

• tmo_kendra

Re: DIGITS app notification issues on iOS

Hey jaco_b Very sorry for the delay!! Thank you for participating in DIGITS!! I want to make sure that everything is working for you. Are you still having theses issues? If you are, can you please make sure that the DIGITS app is up to date! Please let me know if this is still an issue. We will need to get some additional info from you!! Thank you

• jaco_b

Issues 1 to 3 still occur with App version 4.0.6.

Issues 4, 5 no longer occur, because with the current, and one previous version (4.0.2), the device line is no longer active by default.  Since I no longer have the device line active in the DIGITS app, notifications for messages received on the device line work as expected.

Update on issue 1: Since app version 4.0.2. notification sounds are never played on the phone, regardless of whether the screen is locked, unlocked, or even when the watch is not paired with the phone.

I have expanded on issue 3 with tmo_chrisl and he filed BUG-0642.

• jaco_b

Installed iOS app version 4.0.7 a couple of days ago, and all of the issues I'm experiencing still persist.

Has development work on the app stalled, or is it just taking a long time to get new releases through Apple's approval process?

Others might've said this too, but Google Voice is the benchmark by which I'm judging DIGITS.

• tmo_mike_c

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!