How do I obtain a 2nd phone for new SIM?

uptownj

Hello DIGITS users,

I am awaiting a second SIM card to use in a device. I am not sure yet which device I want yet but I have run into 2 challenges:

1. When I go online to buy a new phone, it wants to have me order an "Upgrade" or to "Activate a new line". How do I just order the phone?
    2. If I want to order from retail, prepaid, etc, there are additional fees for setting up service or buying the phone. Is there any way to avoid these fees if I go this route instead?
    3. Does the T-Mobile DIGITS secondary SIM work with Windows Phone or only with iOS and Android?

The retail offerings are slim so I even thought about a Wal-Mart Family Mobile phone for 40 days but the retail guy at a T-Mobile store said not to. Didn't really say why. I just wanted a cheap Android or Windows Mobile device. So I guess what I am asking is: What is the best way to get a cheap second device for the Tmo network?

Thanks in Advance,

Jorge

All replies

• tmo_kirstin

Re: How do I obtain a 2nd phone for new SIM?

Those are all great questions! To order a new phone on the web you would need to use the upgrade option. This will not impair your ability to upgrade at any other time it just gives you the ability to purchase a new phone without adding another line. Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the fees related to upgrading in store except to purchase online. Finally, DIGITS will not work with windows phones. We have a lot of cost effective devices on the website and hope all this information will help you get the phone you need!

• ed630

I'm using digits on an Amazon Motorola G4 with a couple of my old phones - fairly inexpensive and not bad phone

• uptownj

Hello ed630,

I was just looking at those myself. There are all these brands I've never knew existed: BLU (aren't they the e-cig company?), PoshMobile, ASUS (I like Asus computers), Polaroid (really?), and of course Moto but I knew about them.

So many to choose from. Glad to know they are decent cheap phones.

j

• ed630

3 previous phones were Samsung, last one got bogged down, so tried Motorola

Since then Samsung got some kind of update and works like new

But now the Moto is my everyday phone

Cheap, has ads but I always have other notifications so never even see the full screen ads

Edited to add

Could buy 3 Samsungs for the price

• azdreamscape

WOW!

I thought the duplicate SIM would no longer work once the beta was over.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!