User in different country is not receiving my TXT

litejk01

User in different country is not receiving my TXT.

I have tried to send TXT to a cellphone in Norway, but the end-user is not receiving my TXT.

I have tried with:

+(area code) and the number

011 (area code) and the number

But they are not receiving my TXTs. .

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey litejk01!  I have to say, it sounds like you're doing everything right as far as what we'd suggest for troubleshooting sending messages to international numbers.  Have you double checked the country code for Norway?  Are you able to send messages to other international numbers using the native messaging app?  How long are the texts you're trying to send - do they contain photos or files?  We definitely want you to be able to communicate with your friend!

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful

Why am I getting this email. Am I supposedly trying to text someone in another country?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:24 AM, litejk01<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

T-Mobile Support Community

User in different country is not receiving my TXT

created by litejk01 in Calling & messaging - View the full discussion

User in different country is not receiving my TXT.

I have tried to send TXT to a cellphone in Norway, but the end-user is not receiving my TXT.

I have tried with:

+(area code) and the number

011 (area code) and the number

But they are not receiving my TXTs. .

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Calling & messaging by email or at T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

• tmo_marissa

Happy New Year litejk01!  Just wanted to see if you'd had any luck completing these messages.  Were the steps we provided helpful?  If not, would you mind filling us in with a few of the details requested?  We want to help you communicate with all of your friends and family, no matter where they're located.  Please let us know if you still need assistance!

- Marissa

• litejk01

Hi There tmo_marissa,

No, I have not had any success resolving this issue. It actually looks like it's on both my lines. The Dual Line and my SIM line.

I have verified the Country code for Norway, And I have actually been directly in contact with one of the providers in Norway and they have done some investigation from their side as well.

What I got back is that they are telling me: T-Mobile is using a different routes for delivering TXT's  and that is causing the International standard for TXT not working.

Second technician I spoke with:
                TXT messages are sent in via Non Authorized communication channels. And that is why the Norwegian provider can't guarantee that TXT's are delivered via their system.
                The provider is Telenor Mobile Norge (www.telenor.no)

My brother is currently in Norway, and he have tried to send TXT via norwegian cellphones, and txt's are not delivered here in USA either. If he pulls up his T-Mobile phone, and txt me, it works. .

Not sure where to start and go for this issue. I thought TXT was delivered before, but it turns out that 99% of my TXT to # in Norway is not delivered. And messages sent from Norway to my T-Mobile is not received.

Sincerely,

KJ.