bad experience when trading Iphone 5 to the Iphone7

carolina1234

since October I am spending a lot of time trying to understand what is going on with T-Mobile and why I am not getting my discounted rates after exchanging my Iphone 5 to the Iphone7. T-Mobile has my old phone and at the same time they are not giving the refund and the discounted rates. I've already spent hours and hours over the phone with NO SOLUTION!!! I don't know what else can I do. I am having financial implications as I am paying the full price of the Iphone 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Yikescarolina1234 - it sounds like you've put a lot of time and effort into this and are still waiting for a resolution - I'm very sorry to read this.  If you're seeing that the iPhone 5's been marked as delivered when you review your trade-in status on MyT-Mobile, then it should just be a matter of time before you see the lump sum and monthly credits applied to your account for your new iPhone.  Honest warning: it can take up to three bill cycles from when the phone's delivery is marked as complete for those credits to appear.  I am so sorry that this wait is causing you financial strain, that's valuable feedback and I'll definitely pass it forward.  Is your sole concern at this point about the timeline, or were there any other circumstances about your trade-in that had you worried?  Moderators in our Support Community don't have individual account access, so I'm not able to look into your account and see the details myself, but I'm very happy to answer any process questions for you, just let me know!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi there!  Just wanted to drop a line and see if we were able to address any concerns regarding your trade-in situation here on the Support forum.  Please let us know if there are any process questions we can answer for you!

- Marissa

• carolina1234

Hi Marissa

I partially solved my issue but I am still not receiving the discount on the IPhone7 monthly payment. I am not sure what happened but this is really upsetting me.

I followed all the instructions to trade my Iphone5 to an Iphone7 and I am having so much trouble. Each time I call T-Mobile I need to explain the situation all over again and different answers are given without a definitive and complete solution.

I really don’t know what else to do.

Can you help?

Carolina

Making a difference in the health, wealth and careers of 110 million people every day

• tmo_marissa

I can definitely help clarify any part of the process for the offer that you may have general questions about, carolina1234 - but since the Support Community is a user forum, we're not able to access individual accounts or research trade-in equipment or promotional eligibility ourselves.  Where does the hang-up seem to be, and what part of this process was solved already?  Are we having difficulty locating the phone you sent?  Have you received your initial lump sum trade-in credit yet, and are just waiting for the monthly promotional credits to start applying, or neither so far?  

To have someone take a look at your account details, we'll need you to work with a team that can securely authenticate your information and access your individual records.  I hate hearing that you're having to explain this over and over - have you tried working with our T-Force team?  You can reach them via the Social Support section of our Contact page, and one of the perks of interacting with them is that the same message thread will be there when you return to it, so you shouldn't have to start new every time.  We definitely want to get this investigated for you.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  I just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd had a chance to contact T-Force regarding your Trade-In! 

- Marissa

• carolina1234

Hi Marissa.

I am still struggling to understand the invoice but I am tired of spending more time trying to understand it. I was very happy with T-Mobile until I made this trade deal.

Thank you

Carolina

• tmo_marissa

Yikes carolina1234, I'm so sorry to hear that.  It does sound like this has been exhausting.  I truly hope you'll reconsider and give a team with account access another chance to resolve this for you.  If you'd like, when you contact them via FB or Twitter you can even provide the link to this thread so that they'll get the gist of your issue before requesting details.  We'd like to keep that happiness in present-tense if we can!

- Marissa

• carolina1234

The only way I contact them was over the phone. And I believe they have access to all my account information and even then they can't solve it - this is the only reason I created this account and posted this complain as nobody is being able to help me.

sent from my Iphone

• tmo_marissa

Sorry, Carolina, I should clarify - you are totally right, Customer Care does have access to your account information.  We just don't have any access here.   I was hoping you'd give our T-Force team a chance to take a look at this for you since you're comfortable reaching out online.  I thought perhaps connecting with them (they are the social media support team and work on FB and Twitter) might give you the best of both worlds, so to speak.  They can review your specific situation because unlike moderators in this user-forum, they're able to see your account, plus you would have the benefit of interacting with them over this medium instead of on the phone.   I am happy to forward the feedback that this has been such a drawn-out process for you, but I'm not able to review your account details and I also want to make sure your personal situation is resolved!

- Marissa

• carolina1234

How can I submit all my complaints to this team?

thanks

• tmo_marissa

You can contact them by visiting our T-Mobile Facebook page and clicking where it says "Message" underneath the cover photo, or you can contact them on Twitter at @TMobileHelp.  They'll be able to securely verify your account details so that they can take a look and see what's been going on and hopefully we can make this right for you once and for all.

- Marissa

• daokimanh

Hi !

I traded in my iphone 5 for iphone 7 during the t mobil trade in promotion in September 2016. Since then I have tried to contact t mobil many many times to find out when I receive my iphone 5 credit for upgrade to iphone 7. I have waited from t mobil many two weeks promises for an answers. All I get it that t mobil can not locate my phone. This is my ups tracking number 1ZRV91769099150268. I have the receipt from UPS when I ship my iphone 5 using Tmobil merchandise return label. The RMA # is TX 764 9-10. I have the proof of delivery from UPS. The package was delivered to COPPELL, TX US on 09/23/2016 2:32 PM. Received by VIRGIL.Please let me know the situation of this trade in promotion by t mobil. There are so many complains about this trade in promotion. Please do not force us to get together and file the classic law sue action. My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX if you need more information

• daokimanh

Hi !

I traded in my iphone 5 for iphone 7 during the t mobil trade in promotion in September 2016. Since then I have tried to contact t mobil many many times to find out when I receive my iphone 5 credit for upgrade to iphone 7. I have waited from t mobil many two weeks promises for an answers. All I get it that t mobil can not locate my phone. This is my ups tracking number 1ZRV91769099150268. I have the receipt from UPS when I ship my iphone 5 using Tmobil merchandise return label. The RMA # is TX 764 9-10. I have the proof of delivery from UPS. The package was delivered to COPPELL, TX US on 09/23/2016 2:32 PM. Received by VIRGIL.Please let me know the situation of this trade in promotion by t mobil. There are so many complains about this trade in promotion. Please do not force us to get together and file the classic law sue action. My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX if you need more information

* edited personal info - Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi daokimanh!  I'm sorry to hear about this ongoing problem.  It sounds like your trade-in device was sent to the wrong warehouse - trade-in equipment should be shipped using an RMA label, which would be addressed to the warehouse in PA, not to TX.    I'm also a little concerned as a typical RMA number is much longer than the one you've included.  This is definitely a situation we need to look into further for you, but this is a user forum, so we don't have the ability to access your account here and get to the bottom of this.  Please Contact Us - you're welcome to reach out to Customer Care or to T-Force via Twitter or Facebook as we recommended to Carolina!  Let the representative you work with know that your trade-in equipment was sent to TX instead of PA so that we can file a research investigation request for you.  This is such a bummer to read, we definitely want you to receive credit for your trade-in.

- Marissa

• daokimanh

Hi Marissa!

Thank for your quick respond. I am sending all the documents about this trade in promotion to customer relations P.O BOX. 37380, Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380. The following documents :

1- Letter to tmobil

2- UPS receipt of package

3- UPS proof of delivery

4- Order the upgrade iphone 7

5- Two shipping label that were sent to me from Tmobil.

6- Picture of the the trade in iphone 5 with shipping label

7- Promotion trade in article from Tmobil.

I hope this matter to be solved soon. It has been more than four months since I sent the trade in iphone 5 and many phone call to tmobil customer service with NO RESULT.

Dao

• tmo_marissa

That definitely sounds like all of the information you'd want to pass along, daokimanh, and contacting Customer Relations is absolutely an avenue that's available to you.  It sounds like you've put a ton of effort into reaching out to us over the phone - I'm sorry that it didn't yield a resolution.  I definitely also recommend giving our T-Force team a chance if you're comfortable reaching out via social media.  The major benefit of working with them in a situation like this which requires offline research that can take time to complete is that the conversation is a running thread, so you're able to return to it for updates, and all of the previous interactions are already there when you do.  But truly, we're happy to help through whatever channel you choose - I apologize again that this is still ongoing. 

- Marissa