Visual Voicemail on duplicate line

ynotacif

Are you supposed to be able to activate the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app on the duplicate line?  Or is the phone's native visual voicemail suppose to work on the duplicate line?  In either case, I am either told I do not have permission to add this service (the T-mobile app), or the phone just times out or acts like visual voicemail is not supported.

Main line is an iPhone 7

Duplicate is either a Nexus 6P or HTC 10 - they both exhibit the same behavior.

All replies

• tmo_kirstin

Re: Visual Voicemail on duplicate line

Visual voicemail is a great feature and should work with the DIGITS service. I do see that the 2 devices you are having the issue on are the Nexus 6P and the HTC 10. The 6P is a non-T-Mobile device and is not fully supported for visual voicemail so you may run in to issues with that feature. The HTC 10 you are using was that purchased directly from T-Mobile?

• ynotacif

If I place the main SIM card in the Nexus 6P the built-in visual voicemail works fine.  The HTC 10 was purchased from htc.com - it does not have built-in visual voicemail.  The T-Mobile Android app does not work on either phone.  The T-Mobile app works fine if I use the native SIM card for the main line and not a duplicate line.

• tmo_kirstin

I just want to make sure that I fully understand. So the T-Mobile app will work on both of those devices but only if you are using the native SIM for your main line, but not with the duplicate SIM? Generally since neither phone is T-Mobile branded the T-Mobile app would not be supported. Doesn't mean it won't work, but we don't guarantee it.

• ynotacif

I will simplify completely - T-Mobile branded Galaxy S7 Edge.  The main SIM works fine with the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app.  If I replace the SIM card in that phone with the duplicate line SIM the Visual Voicemail app no longer functions.  Even after data resets, app re-installs, etc.

If I take the same main SIM and put it in any of my other phones, Visual Voicemail app works fine, the only time it does not function is when trying to use it from a phone with a duplicate line SIM card installed.