My take so far

I haven't found a use for it that AirDroid/MightyText/PushBullet hasn't already done or done better as far as texting goes.  Seems almost Alpha to me.  I am using the 1 # x Devices setup.  The functionality AFA calls go is equivalent to G Voice for me.  I'd continue using current apps before paying for an app that does texting like VZW Messages+ (which is free) and calls like G Voice, also free.

Contacts, SMS and call logs not syncing between devices and strange log-in/out procedures seem to keep me from really going forward with this.

I know it is far more in-depth in use than simple text and calls.  I'll check back later when it becomes a viable, and reliable, feature.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: My take so far

Difference being seems T-Mobile isn't keeping a database live Verizon does with theirs. Pushbullet and the like don't keep a database but they do use your data real time to have 100% sync. Now if T-Mobile decides to add it that way they can't 0 rate said data as their competition isn't zero rated. Like iMessages(Apple has a database and servers specifically for this), and apps like Pushbullet. Of course we are going to have people complain it uses data and not uses.

Oh yah Messages+ from Verizon uses data and has been confirmed when syncing.

• Re: My take so far

Several apps in this area allow sync over WiFi only.  I never got VM+ to sync correctly with contacts anyway.  There will always be the ones complaining.  I have no issue using my phone to call and text, but DIGITS seems like a way (when it's stable) to do all these things that lazy people do....not use the phone and rather use the PC.  (But, that's me in the minority.)

• Re: My take so far

To Add:  DIGITS was the cause for failed iOS visual voicemail notifications.  Furthermore, the fact that I was never unenrolled after requesting to be, and removing the feature myself from the line and removing the app seemed to be another issue.  Repeat:  You must do more than just remove the feature, you must speak with someone in the "Digits Dept" or at least someone who knows this program and request removal completely.

• tmo_marissa

Re: My take so far

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!