Why a duplicate sim.

aburman1

I have two phones and a Gear S3 setup with Digits and it works as advertised. Calls and texts come an go using my prime number. Why do I need a duplicate sim. I can see the need it with a phone that has no service or another carriers phone but not with T-Mobile numbers.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Why a duplicate sim.

Sims can only carry 1 account information at a time.

• aburman1

My two phones and S3 work as advertised. In the setup on the Digits app you configure the supplied Digits account number with your main number and every thing works as advertised. An additional sim would appear to offer nothing if the phones you are using already have T-Mobile numbers. Eg. My main phone is A Galaxy S7 Edge. One of my other phones is a Moto X Pure with its own T-Mobile number. When I set up the Digits app my number on the Moto is assigned the Digits account number which is paired with my main S7 number. I now can choose to use my Moto to duplicate my s7 or use its own number. No additional sim is required. As I said in the previous post If you have an unconnected phone or another carriers phone, I can see the need for a duplicate sim but not if you have T-Mobile numbers on your other phones.

• inferno10@gmail.com

The duplicate SIM will let you to dial out using the native dialer and text using the native messaging app, rather than having to go through the DIGITS app.  Making and receiving calls on the native dialer will use the minutes on the primary line being duplicated, instead of consuming whatever line is on the phone.  Also, the duplicate SIM will allow you to access some of the data bucket of your primary line.

• aburman1

You may be right about but then I loose the ability to choose between using my prime number or the actual number on the second phone. As far as calls and data are concerned all my phones have the same unlimited calls and lots of data Using the Digits app so far has not been a problem.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!