Gear S smart watch

tracymc37

Why am I not able to use my gear s number as an added option??

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: Gear S smart watch

Are you asking about during the registration process?

If so, it's a quirk of the registration process in that you need to be the primary account holder.  If you aren't you'll need them to sign up for the service and then after they've signed up they can switch the new line of service for the duplicate functionality over to your line.

• tracymc37

I am the account holder, when I'm in the area were I get to select what phone numbers I want linked to my main number my gear s is not one of the options

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• tmo_evan

Let me see if I can walk you through this from memory...

In the registration path:

- pick 1 number on multiple devices

- in the list of items where it asks you what device you want to use the number on, pick the Gear S

- If it's an S2 or S3 we'll ask you for the SIM card number (ICCID) which you'll need to enter in.

In this fashion you'll be able to have the Gear S and your phone utilize the same DIGITS.

Hope that helped.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • tracymc37

Yes, in the in the list where it ask me to pick a another number to add my Gear S is NOT in that list

Tracy McDonald

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 12:10 AM, evanmf<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

T-Mobile Support Community

Gear S smart watch

created by evanmf in DIGITS - View the full discussion

Let me see if I can walk you through this from memory...

In the registration path:

- pick 1 number on multiple devices

- in the list of items where it asks you what device you want to use the number on, pick the Gear S

- If it's an S2 or S3 we'll ask you for the SIM card number (ICCID) which you'll need to enter in.

In this fashion you'll be able to have the Gear S and your phone utilize the same DIGITS.

Hope that helped.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in DIGITS by email or at T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying. If this is a Gear S device and not an S2 or S3, we will send you a new SIM card that will be a duplicate of your primary SIM card. Once you put this SIM card in your Gear S watch, you will be able to use the watch to make/receive calls/texts and data as you would on your primary phone. Have you received your duplicate SIM card yet?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • tracymc37

Are you guys going to mail this duplicate Sim card

Tracy McDonald

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:08 AM, tmo_chrisl<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

Gear S smart watch

created by tmo_chrisl in DIGITS - View the full discussion

Thanks for clarifying. If this is a Gear S device and not an S2 or S3, we will send you a new SIM card that will be a duplicate of your primary SIM card. Once you put this SIM card in your Gear S watch, you will be able to use the watch to make/receive calls/texts and data as you would on your primary phone. Have you received your duplicate SIM card yet?

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

• tmo_chris

That's right When you elect to use a T-Mobile Samsung smart watch, you will get the option to choose the Gear S. Once you register for that device, we mail you out a SIM card that you will put in the watch.

• tracymc37

No I haven't received the Sim card yet

Tracy McDonald

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM, tmo_caton<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

|

Gear S smart watch

tmo_caton marked tmo_chrisl's reply on Gear S smart watch as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

Following Gear S smart watch in these streams: Inbox

• tmo_chris

How long ago did you receive your confirmation email that you elected to test DIGITS with your Gear S watch?

• tracymc37

About a week ago

Tracy McDonald

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 7:23 PM, tmo_chrisl<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

Gear S smart watch

created by tmo_chrisl in DIGITS - View the full discussion

How long ago did you receive your confirmation email that you elected to test DIGITS with your Gear S watch?

|

• tmo_chris

Hmmm, it sounds like there may have been a problem with your specific registration. I would recommend that you contact our beta support team using the number at the bottom of your "Welcome to the beta" email. They will be able to check your account and see if there was a duplicate SIM card sent out to you.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!