"Real" cost for calls with Stateside International Talk

uvr

I hope someone can answer this query because I've been ALL OVER the T-Mobile site to figure out the answer and I just can't.  I called Customer Support, but they weren't able to help me either, kept repeating over and over that unlimited calls are included with Stateside International Talk, but couldn't answer specifics! (Weird!!!!)

Situation: T-Mobile Simple Choice subscriber traveling to a Simple Choice (SC) country, with Stateside International Talk

What are the charges incurred by the US T-Mobile subscriber for making --

1. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular, not wifi) FROM the T-Mobile US number TO a landline in the SC country

2. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM the T-Mobile US number TO a mobile number in the SC country

3. INBOUND CALL (cellular, not wifi) FROM a landline in the SC country TO the US T-Mobile number

4. INBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM a mobile in the SC country TO the US T-Mobile number

5. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM the T-Mobile US number while roaming in the SC country TO a US landline

6. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM the T-Mobile US number while roaming in the SC country TO a US mobile, recipient situated within the USA)

7. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM the T-Mobile US number while roaming in the SC country TO a US mobile, recipient ALSO roaming in the same SC country

8. INBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM a US mobile number, caller ALSO roaming in the same SC country TO the T-Mobile US number while roaming in the SC country

Reading some other threads on the support site, it seems that the subscriber WITHOUT Stateside International Talk is charged $0.20/minute for both inbound and outbound calls on the cellular network, but nowhere could I find information on what happens for the subscriber WITH Stateside International Talk.

Thanks in advance!

All replies

• miket

uvr wrote:

I hope someone can answer this query because I've been ALL OVER the T-Mobile site to figure out the answer and I just can't.  I called Customer Support, but they weren't able to help me either, kept repeating over and over that unlimited calls are included with Stateside International Talk, but couldn't answer specifics! (Weird!!!!)

Situation: T-Mobile Simple Choice subscriber traveling to a Simple Choice (SC) country, with Stateside International Talk

What are the charges incurred by the US T-Mobile subscriber for making --

1. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular, not wifi) FROM the T-Mobile US number TO a landline in the SC country

2. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM the T-Mobile US number TO a mobile number in the SC country

3. INBOUND CALL (cellular, not wifi) FROM a landline in the SC country TO the US T-Mobile number

4. INBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM a mobile in the SC country TO the US T-Mobile number

5. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM the T-Mobile US number while roaming in the SC country TO a US landline

6. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM the T-Mobile US number while roaming in the SC country TO a US mobile, recipient situated within the USA)

7. OUTBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM the T-Mobile US number while roaming in the SC country TO a US mobile, recipient ALSO roaming in the same SC country

8. INBOUND CALL (cellular) FROM a US mobile number, caller ALSO roaming in the same SC country TO the T-Mobile US number while roaming in the SC country

Reading some other threads on the support site, it seems that the subscriber WITHOUT Stateside International Talk is charged $0.20/minute for both inbound and outbound calls on the cellular network, but nowhere could I find information on what happens for the subscriber WITH Stateside International Talk.

Thanks in advance!

ALL your examples for the TM phone in question - since they are all using cell tower  20 cents/min.  

Stateside Intl. talk is for calls FROM the U.S.    What I do not know for sure is if calls via overseas WIFI would be  covered via "Stateside Int'l Calling".   I doubt it - because now even free wifi calls bak to U.S. show they originated from overseas.  In past years, wifi calls from overses didn't indicate they originated overseas.

• tmo_marissa

Hi uvr - just wanted to echo miket here - Stateside International calling and texting services are intended to provide great rates on calls to another country while you're located in the U.S., while Simple Global covers calls made using your TMO phone and SIM from another country.  Does that help clarify?  Are we reading your original post correctly that you're providing scenarios where the user is roaming internationally?  Please let us know if you need any more assistance!

- Marissa