Other Carrier on Digits?

gkisageek

In the multiple numbers on one device scenario, can I have my work cell number (on AT&T) ring on my personal cell (Tmobile LG V10 with DIGITS app installed)?

All replies

• excessivechaos

Re: Other Carrier on Digits?

I too am interested in this.

I installed the DIGITS app on my att phone and logged in.  I am able to see three numbers, the att number (SIM), my T-Mobile number associated with the SIM on my T-mobile phone, and the virtual number that was assigned to me for the beta.

On the DIGITS app on my T-Mobile phone I only see the SIM number and the virtual number, but not my att number. This would seem to me that I can use my T-Mobile numbers on my att phone, but not my att number on my T-Mobile phone, which is really what I want to do.

So taking this a little further, if I call my T-mobile number from another phone, it actually rings both my T-Mobile phone and my att phone, which is pretty nice.  If my att phone were nicer and newer than my att phone, then this would be the way to go.  As it stands, however I would rather use my Tmo phone, since it's the better device.

• azdreamscape

I believe the use of a non TMO number is supposed to be possible..but perhaps only once it's out of BETA?

I don't have a non TMO phone/number to experiment with.

• inferno10@gmail.com

I don't think you can have a non-TMO line as a virtual line, as I'd assume that would require T-Mobile to have access to the other carrier's system to route calls.

Is it possible for you to use your AT&T SIM on the V10?  If so, you could use the DIGITS app on that phone to add your T-Mobile lines as virtual lines, while having your AT&T line as the primary line (via the SIM card).  Unfortunately, this setup won't let you use your T-Mobiile data on that phone, but it would let you have all your lines accessible on that phone, assuming it's your preferred device.

• excessivechaos

Yeah, I could use my att Sim in tmo phone, but I wish to have tmo as primary...I have more data with tmo.

Oh well, I guess DIGITS doesn't really do anything for me. I already have my att number forwarded to my tmo number. I was hoping this would give me the ability to also receive text messages from my att phone on my tmo phone, as well as be able to dial out using my att number on my tmo phone.

I hope in the future T-Mobile figures out a way to use other carrier numbers in DIGITS. I suspect a great many people would like to use this service in just this way, since most of us do not have any control over the carriers and contracts our employers choose.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!