kick out when log in

jvu90

I keep on getting this "in order to use the application, the app requires you to have a virtual line shared with you. you can still use this phone's number and this application on other devices" right after I log in. Anyone have any idea why ?

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: kick out when log in

You need a second line in order to use the application.  It sounds like you're trying to use the DIGITS app on the same device as you have the number.

A common issue that we're seeing is that when you're signing into the application, it asks for a phone number for verification.  When you get that, you should enter the phone number for the phone that you have in your hand and not the phone number that you are trying to use.  (we're making that a little clearer in an upcoming version).

If this isn't the issue, please let us know what you're trying to do in a bit more detail so we can help you out.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey jvu90!  Just wanted to check in with you and see if you were able to confirm that you were able to get this straightened out - were you able to follow Evan's instructions and resolve this?

- Marissa

• adallastx

I have this problem as well! It's quite annoying to be timed out while on a phone call (also disconnecting it). I am using the web client in Chrome Version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit) on MacOS 10.12.2.

I'm not sure if this is related, but every time I am logged out of the web client beta, I lose my contacts and have to re-authenticate/connect my Google account.

• tmo_evan

adallastx

Sorry to hear that it's getting time out particularly during a call.  When you go to the web page, if you scroll all the way to the bottom is a web client that you can download (it's basically a persistent light-weight web browser for DIGITS) and if you use that you should hopefully not experience this particular issue.  Let us know if that works.

As a side question, have you been clicking the "keep me logged in button" when initially logging in?

For the google contacts, we're working to fix that, there's some pieces that make it a little harder for us to do the proper tokenization, but it's on our short list for enhancements. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • adallastx

I really like the idea of having Digits in in's own separate application, rather than as a tab in my browser.

To answer your other question, yes, I was using the Keep Me Logged In, but it doesn't seem to work for me.